If Microsoft Sold Windows 10 Enterprise to Individuals as "Ultimate", would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PolidelticusFire, Feb 21, 2021.

1. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate are the same thing, the only difference being licensing.
    Otherwise they're identical.

What if Microsoft decided to sell Windows 10 Enterprise to regular users and enthusiasts as "Windows 10 Ultimate", would you buy it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Will Try First Before Purchasing a License.

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Nope

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Hell no

5. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I stay with Pro.

6. feraxuz

feraxuz MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2015
    hwid activated enterprise is what i use... so i would just hwid ultimate, i don't ever pay ms.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  8. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    If the price were the same, or reasonably close, and I needed to buy a license, yes I would choose to purchase the Enterprise license.

9. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    All Windows 10 iterations are crap. Enterprise is palatable, but is still aesthetically inferior in every way.Saying its more secure is an oxy-moron, hence that argument is invalid. I have to use it only because of hardware requirements.
    Leave it to MS to turn something as great as Windows 7, into an abomination.

10. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else. I personally think Windows 10 is actually better than Windows 7.

We used to say that Microsoft got it right "every other time":

XP = yes
    Vista = no
    Win7 = yes
    Win8 = no
    Win10 = yes

Now that Microsoft has gone to a permanent version 10, how exactly would you do the "every other time"? Every other major release? Which would get a bit difficult as they are no longer doing 2 major releases each year. Two releases, yes, but not "major" releases.

And just how different is 20H2 from earlier versions of Windows 10? If you compare it to LTSB (the oldest one that I have looked at in recent memory), there are quite a few "surface" or cosmetic changes. But how much of the internals are the same? Is it a different operating system? IMHO, it is the same OS still.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Why would I buy anything?

12. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007

Because you havent looked at it properly:

3.0 = yes
    3.11 = yes
    95 = yes
    98 = no
    98SE = yes
    Me = no
    2000 = yes
    Xp = yes
    Vista = yes ( huge improvement over xp, if you had the hardware to run it)
    7 = yes
    8 = no
    8.1 = yes
    10 = no, = Phone OS, bloated store crap, tracking, telemetry, pop up ads, Microsoft's inability to push updates without dorking your system, Inept/lazy design team (Complete lack of asthetics), settings app, and "modern apps" that are a joke, forced updates, forced updates that brick systems, soon to be subscription model (Pay per month/year), The list is never ending.
    They took the crown jewel (windows 7), which they could have built upon and refined, and polished, and pushed an OS, that was originally designed for mobile phones, and tablets, Just another fail. The ONLY reason Windows 10 took over market share from 7 is, MS strong arming 3rd party vendors to discontinue driver support for 7.

But hey, you're entitled to an opinion as well.

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Get used to it;):D

14. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    The only reason I'm somewhat used to it now, is the fact that I removed everything possible from the LTSC Iso, and did a massive face lift to it. ;)

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. donmiller

donmiller MDL Addicted

Jun 4, 2016
    I could do everything with Windows XP, that I can now do with Windows 10. So why do we have all these different versions of Windows? Ultimately, an OS enables you to talk to your hardware. There's been significant changes in hardware since the year 2000. New hardware triggers the need for new drivers. New driver sets give MSFT an excuse to put a new face (shell) on Windows and call it a new OS. Changes in the look-and-feel of the new OS is what sells. Stories about needing a new OS to address security issues are fear-based marketing. Stories about needing to be constantly be tethered to MSFT (telemetry) are just ways to collect "Big Data" from MSFT customers. That "Big Data" can be marketed separately to 3rd parties. Concealed telemetry can be used to spy on customers and used in partnerships with covert intelligence and law-enforcement agencies. We've departed from the original purpose for an OS, and now the OS is used for many other different things.

But ultimately I am back to my original statement: I could do everything with Windows XP, that I can now do with Windows 10. If I could get all the necessary drivers for my hardware, that would work with a 64-bit version of Windows XP, I could still be using Windows XP. But I can't get those drivers. I can only get them for Windows 7 and Windows 10. So for now, we have to use Windows 10 and it's something we are all going to have to get used to.

17. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    You can debloat win10 if you choose but you will important functions, i personally dont think its bloated at all, my ram uses 13% of 16GB, thats not bloated imho.

18. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    You probably havent run comparison benchmarks between 10, 8, and 7, as I have, and many others over at notebook review. Windows 10 is the slowest of the three, therefore, it has more overhead. Also depends on your definition of bloat.
    I consider bloat as anything from the MS store, "modern apps", telemetry, cortana, windows defender, calling home, etc.

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    In the past the term bloat was used for the mainly useless trial software, pre-installed by the OEM, not the by default present stuff inside the original OS install.

20. raiderman

raiderman MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    The term bloat is also used for anything that is useless, and consumes resources. So anything that is present in any pure OS that is deemed useless can be considered bloat, which varies from person to person. IMO