1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  2. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Be careful when installing to avoid sneaky pre-checked crapware...

garbage.JPG garbage2.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    File is clean, it's same story with CCleaner and ImgBurn, it's bundled with adware which you can easily opt-out.

5. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
  6. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #6 CHEF-KOCH, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    (OP)
    The thread says alternative (which is under active development [while ImgBurn is not anymore]) - I know that there is a crap free version of ImgBurn (was also several times mentioned on MDL), but the point is you easily can uncheck the offer and everything will be fine. Why people have problems witrh it is beyond me, everyone needs to pay his bills and this is a legit option for the developer (remember the program is free).

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
  8. petok

petok MDL Senior Member

May 4, 2009
    Or other method open installer with 7-zip and this files ImgBurn.exe and ImgBurnPreview.exe and folder Sounds extract to folder ImgBurn and EnJoy how ~portable version.
    Offtopic

9. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I like its clear interface So far I've been using CDBurnerXP, which is also intuitive and badware free, but this could be an alternative.

I abandoned ImgBurn after trying to work my way to burn an MP3 and ended up spoiling the disk because of its tricky interface.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Developers o0f CD/DVD/BD Burning Apps should now integrate the burning of ISO's to USB Flash drives, which are more standard this days then CD's/DVD's/BD's!!

11. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Not correct, CDBurner comes with OpenCandy and because the people complained/asked about this, the developer also offers now a version without OpenCandy. As said earlier it's not a big deal to handle this, just enable the advance options - which btw should you always do when installing new software.

12. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Still amazes me that ppl would just click through an installer without reading the various dialogs, albiet casually. Even more so, just run an app without looking through the options.

:offtopic:

Seen quite a few posts about CCleaner registry cleaner wrecked this or that! There's a simple answer to that - don't use the registry cleaner, disable it in settings!

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yep.-.. lots of posts saying: "CCleaner registry cleaner wrecked this or that!"

But none of them ever told ANY details. As I wrote, I use an older version, and clean the registry EVERY day once. NOt ONE SINGLE incident in many, many years! As a matter of fact, it is very interesting to see what it throws out...

14. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    In effect, you're saying that you can get it malware free. Actually, what I have is the portable version. which definitely had no malware. But just in case, I've just checked the latest version and it still doesn't.

15. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    OpenCandy isn't malware. My main argument is (what people won't understand) that we have all to pay bills and making programs open source or free is also no gurantee or helpful because in most cases developers shutting down the projects afgter a while, they start begging or there anyway holes because no one really inspect the source.

Again it's not a big deal to uncheck the toggles which you should check on each new software you install.

16. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016