Imroved Temporary Files Cleaner

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by petar, Jun 13, 2011.

1. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 petar, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. coxhead andy

coxhead andy MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    I am wondering to see information on Improved Temporary Files Cleaner really informative information to keep undated system with effective and essential way each point include very clearly so easy to utilize.

3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #3 Josh Cell, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Great script, thanks for the work

Code:
    icacls %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\*.* /grant Administrators:F /T /C
    This is part of the code don't work on Non-English OS, I recommend you fix it with this

Code:
    icacls %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\*.* /grant %USERNAME%:F /T /C
    :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Claysoft65

Claysoft65 MDL Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #4 Claysoft65, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I agree with Josh... on some of the Non-English O.S. , Administrators couldn't be accepted (They use a translated word...)
    The solution of granting to %username% is already good for a script like yours...
    ...ayway, if you still want to give the grant to the Administrators Group, you could still use its SID :
    Code:
    icacls %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\*.* /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /T /C
    ;)

5. gail

gail MDL Junior Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Internet cleaner

Nice file although i get cannot access file or need permission on some folders is this normal?

And on the subject is there a good batch file along these lines that let me clean all traces of internet s**te including Index Dat files THANX in advance:cool:

6. J4mmy

J4mmy MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2011
    Nice share you've made here. Thanks!:clapping: