in place upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sesnut, Apr 24, 2010.

1. garrybryansr

garrybryansr MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Upgrade Process for Windows 7

So... let me repeat what I thought I read... I have Windows 7 Home Edition on the new Toshiba. All I have to do to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition is go to the cmd line, type in the new key for the Ultimate Edition and hit Enter, and the Ultimate Edition will be activated? This would mean that the Ultimate Edition is already on my machine, but not activated.... Correct? This seems way too simple... Please enlighten this newbie.... Is there anything else? Thanks:worthy:

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea easy upgrade is real easy...lol

In start menu enter key there and in like 15-20 min you got ultimate...lol I actually don't know the exact time just heard that time...lol

Actually if you bought a pre-installed windows 7 computer you most likely have the 2.1 slic and it just needs key to activate the version you want.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    kinda off topic but is that win7 repository signature allowed here dude? I just want to make sure so you don't get penalized if it is not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #24 timesurfer, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    If the first page can link to "repo" pdf why can't I. I already sent pm to mods before as to show them respect I have for rules but as of now the first page is no-different than the signature I have now! Link to pdf. Same deal...lol This is why I sent pm to you to check out latest comments in last 3 pages in "repo"

Basically like I said in "repo" comments all the admins want is one link or click between ISO torrent link to keep things less direct torrent linked. That is what we have now in first page! And again it's the .torrent file censorship implimented here that is the direct reason Opa is in protest or withdrawal from "repo" participation any further. Certain of that I am *Yoda*

I try to think or talk things out before I act on them...lol Cause thats how I would wish to be treated!

5. sesnut

sesnut MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    i actually didnt get around to this till about yesterday or so, since i didnt have the laptop yet
    but logged in as the only admin account on home premium and even with uac off, windows wouldnt let me use the slmgr command. it said i didnt have the permissions

i did how ever enter the key into the anytime upgrade window and that worked :<