In search of the best pdf reader / why does my pdf readers fail to use system memory

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Bonee, May 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bonee

Bonee MDL Novice

May 30, 2013
    Hello, I am new here and I would like to hear your opinions please

I tried many pdf readers as I read a lot and my main issues with them
    that I store them on my HDD and pdf readers can't just read the whole file into memory or even pagefile(on ssd)
    this makes reading big pdfs (100mb+) cumbersome and laggy because it reads the file from the hdd as I scroll
    no matter what cache setting I use in the program
    currently I am using Nuance pdf reader but I used adobe, foxit, tracker software, nitro and none of them satisfied me
    I got 8 gigs of ram but for what....

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe a RamDisk will help you by that problem. There quite a bit Free available, just google for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bonee

Bonee MDL Novice

May 30, 2013
    Yes, but then I still have to copy the pdfs to the ramdisk one by one, and i have an ssd its enough fast also, but I can't copy my whole library to it
    common sense dictates that a freakin program should load the pdf into the ram...

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bonee

Bonee MDL Novice

May 30, 2013
    Thank you, I was not aware of this option
    I thought I would have to manually put the files into the ramdisk...

6. Bonee

Bonee MDL Novice

May 30, 2013
    Well, I tried to do what you said but I got some issues
    I can't just open the pdf with the ramdisk I need to make a macro which copies it to the ramdisk launches a PDF viewer and maybe removes it after closing it...
    I'll try to figure it out...

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry for to tell, I didn't ever used the free version, I use the full Professional Version of MacroToolWorks. In that I could just "Record" a whole sentences of commands and save as an self running Macro , or even .exe. That simplyfies the whole, just need to do the procedure once!

I just checked and also the free version has an macro recorder! Test it!