[INFO - DISCUSSION + Downloads] Windows 10 1809 FINAL b 17763.xxx (PC) [RS5]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i see a lot of open intinses of firefox running consuming a lot of mem that could be causing u problem with chrome....close them.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    There surely is an option to configure this in Chrome.

In Firefox go to Settings/General/Performance (scroll down to see it), disable the checkmark before 'Use recommended performance settings' and decrease the 'Content Process limit'. Apparantly this makes FF less stable with lots of tabs open.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    That's not my TM, it's @Enthousiast's

Anyone wanna test if the Session column makes the User not Expand? It's like 10 seconds of time. Select Users, right click the columns, enable Session, change tabs to something other than Users and try to expand your user, or close/restart TM.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    We have added windows 7 SP1 Refresh Ultimate and Enterprise ISO's to the download options of the SVF2ISO tool (for now CMD edition only) :)

5. brain_death

brain_death MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2008
    Your W10 install is hosed. You could uninstall and *clean* install your graphics drivers with the latest proprietary version, as a last-ditch attempt...

Otherwise, for minimum disruption, stop wasting time and do an in-place upgrade for the W10 version of your choice. It's not so bad as you'd think!

6. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The hell are graphic drivers having to do with this?
    You should really stop trying to "help" people and give advice if you don't know what you're talking about. Somebody with less experience might actually reinstall Windows just because of this idiotic "advice", only to find out it doesn't solve s**t. "Last ditch attempt", dude, it's just a user not expanding in Task Manager. I don't even actually use it, I use procexp. It affects my experience as much as an earthquake on the other side of the planet.

Oh.

That IS a bug in Task Manager. It's not because of my Windows. How did I confirm it? I just tested in a VM and in another PC, and enabling Session doesn't allow you to Expand the user. But no, my Windows install is hosed, and I have to reinstall. Really sorry for how this post sounds, but you don't just troll people with idiotic advice when it comes to their own time. If you cannot help, fine, you don't wanna waste 10 seconds clicking to test, fine, but don't try to make somebody reinstall Windows for this.

7. Ahsan

Ahsan MDL Addicted

Dec 3, 2009
    do this simple thing , " restart your pc " from start up , it seems you have not restarted cold for long and fast startup files and caches are bloated.

8. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #4348 toyo, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    I always perform "powercfg -h off" after I install Windows 10. On a modern SSD there's no point for Fast Startup and hibernation, considering the amount of issues it can produce and close to not time saved on boots. TLDR, there's at least one cold reboot/24hrs, and hibernation is turned off.

Edit: even more importantly, the bug is reproducible with just a few clicks. I wish people would try at least to perform those, it's less than 10 seconds.

9. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    #4349 Krager, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    I also do that, powercfg -h off, though on my laptop I have to be sure nothing in power settings is set to hibernate then set fast start off or it gives me trouble. Seems to cause some confusion for the EFI bios if Windows has hibernate set anywhere. And yes fast start makes little difference on my new machine. It has a 3x4 NVMe drive and those things are smokin fast.

On Chrome I know that obscure hardware acceleration option can cause trouble with some configurations. I always used to shut it off for my nVidia powered desktop, but on my laptop which runs both Intel and nVidia graphics I leave it on, doesn't give me any trouble. It only runs the nVidia adapter on games, otherwise Intel graphics, figure if they can get anything to work right with that it would be on Intel graphics.

10. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, it's bugged. The arrow changes, but the details don't expand. Same with the keyboard Shortcut (Arrow-right or Return/Enter).

11. Escalopetv

Escalopetv MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2018
    Please i am searching for

Link

fr_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_0b5f8917.iso

Thsnk you

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Guywith Aplan

Guywith Aplan MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2018
    Just use the cmd tool stated in the first post and select the iso you want and be patient , you'll understand everything by yourself.It'll first download an eval iso and then a svf file inorder to generate the final iso that you'll need.

14. brain_death

brain_death MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2008
    Why, thank you for your erudite and valued feedback. I'm just saying what invariably works for me that's all. Sorry to waste your time abusing me!

15. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Yes the tool works exceedingly well, took me a bit to come to that realization. It's the thing to use for any iso you're looking for. Right there in post number one; https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...3-ltsb-2016-2015-server-2016-techbench.77028/

16. Autumn1994

Autumn1994 MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2018
    hi guys , i want Windows Server 2019 Essentials 17763.107 Re-Release VLSC or MSDN en iso file.
    direct link or magnet not different
    thanks.

17. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #4360 endbase, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018