Ink Pad App missing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by molder, Aug 7, 2012.

1. molder

molder MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Ok,
    I searched the forum but didn't find it.

Are you missing the "ink pad" metro app, too?
    I am 100% sure it was still there in developer preview Build 8102
    But now I can't find it with the app search in metro and also the store doesn't contain the ink pad app.

I found that the services "tabletinputservice" is set to manual and stopped.
    Starting it doesn't have any use.

The tabtip32.exe is present (that is the process which opens the tablet input are in windows7) but it can't be started.

2. fenetre8

fenetre8 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    are you talking about the touch keyboard ? it automatically opens on metro app when you touch the screen (at least on a tablet)

3. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Many of the Apps that were on the DP are not in the store. If only we had App sideloading...

4. molder

molder MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi,

I'm talking about app ink pad, you can google some videos.
    But the handwriting recognition field can't be found , too.

In Windows7 you can install them on a non-touch-screen PC via "add additional windows features".
    Then you find it in the startmenü tablet pc input panel (TabletPC Eingabebereich)
    So you can use it with a drawing pad like the wacom bamboo. And you don't need a touch-screen pc to start that input app.

But on windows 8 I can't find it. Or at least can't start it without touch-screen hardware.

5. madamimadam

madamimadam MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    #5 madamimadam, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    We would need app packages, maybe we could pull the ones we want out of the Developer Preview install package, like what the OP is asking for
    Apparently we can
    from TechNet.Microsoft
    However, when I follow these steps there is no "App Package Deployment"
    Changing it in regedit doesn't work either because there is no \Appx located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows .