Inspiron 530 FoxConn G33M02

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by yalehaus3, Jul 24, 2010.

1. zulm

zulm MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    Wow really! I guess I can see if I can find cheap DD2 memory and get 4GB to try out first - then use the left over 2x1GB to see how well the 6GB works. Any recommendations for where to get the DDr2 memory in the UK?

2. tnkrer

tnkrer MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi Urie .. I am planning to use those files for my inspiron 530. I have two problems I am trying to solve (and wading into bios modding after I encountered these problems, so I am a complete noob here .. I have been reading these forums for last few hours .. so thanks to you and other forum members ..)
    OK here are the two problems
    1. I got a new ssd to improve the performance of my dell 530 which I use as HTPC. Assuming that latest BIOS would be needed to use the latest technology, decided to upgrade bios (from 1.0.15 to 1.0.18). This caused my first problem that computer wont boot on my dvi connected TV. (already known and discussed on this site and dell site .. (wont allow me to link .. thread titled " How to flash dell 530s... ")
    2. While reading about different BIOS related threads, realized that stock bios will probably not work for SSD and I should get some modded BIOS. I am guessing that this RAID modification will help my SSD .. (not yet figured out if that is true)

So do you think I will be solving both my problems here? downgrading bios and possibly fixing the dvi issue and getting the RAID mod and possibly getting SSD to work for me?
    I have dell 530 with 0RY007 mobo (Foxcon G33m02) not the abcd or s variants, just 530

Thanks

3. tnkrer

tnkrer MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    update

rolled back the bios to 1.0.16, so my dvi monitor problem is now solved.
    Mobo recognized the ssd when I put it on another SATA connector (not SATA0 i.e. C:)
    So I am assuming that I can us SSD as my boot/OS disk. Should I still look for bios MOD to improve SSD performance?

4. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    hi urie,

i have got a freedos version of 530s. it doesn't show the slic table in everest/slic tool kit. tried flashing with your mod, but nothing really happened. have also tried changing the service and asset tags with fasset -- that didn't help eithero_O used andyp's awardtool to generate a bios and flashed it too - still no result.

any suggestions please:(

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    i don't understand either o_O slic dum toolkit fails to find any slic table. i can upload a screenshot if u think that will help. i have already seen the thread that you have linked and have also tried flashing the mod u have uploaded to the word. do u think i may have missed something ?

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u need FASSET2.exe

8. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    hi LatinMcG,

where can i get FASSET2 ? Any links ?

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  10. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    thanks LatinMcG. tried the download. can change both asset and service tags but that does not unlock the slic table o_O why is it that even resetting the service tag doesn't unlock the slic ??? what am i missing here ?

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #52 LatinMcG, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    what bios rev ?

Fasset /s /d
    (removes the Service the Tag)

Fasset /s "srlnbr"

new service the Tag (or the direct use of original)

13. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    tried these already

the asset108 and fasset are the ones that are available in the dell resource CD too, except that although i can change the service and asset tags it does not unlock the slic table ?? in the other folder, what are the dellbio and dellrmk bin's for ??

bios rev is 1.0.18. the link you gave me only leads to the same fasset -- i couldn't find fasset2 :rolleyes: do you have fasset2 with you?

nonetheless, the important things that i have found are
    1) although i can change/delete my service tag, it doesn't unlock the slic table.
    2) asset PASS:12/31 (or PASS:12/34) leads to enabling intel boot client, but does not take the bios into manufacturing mode.

this is the outcome of my efforts over the last few days :p

14. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #54 LatinMcG, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    flash older bios and load defaults ? alt f alt x ??
    then do the fasset /s /d
    then fasset /s "yournumber"
    then redump readwriteeverything report and have a slic bios mod made ?

15. floodtool

floodtool MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    ok. thanks. will give this a try soon :)

16. gspears

gspears MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Hey Guys and Gals,

Anybody know what happened to the lost brain's site? I need the raid 5 bios for my father's machine and can't find his site or the file anywhere.

Anybody have any idea?

I mistakenly upgraded my father's bios but forgot that many years ago I had changed it to TheLostBrain's Raid 5 bios and now it won't boot on his Raid 5 array!!

Please help and Thanks.

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  18. gspears

gspears MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your help. You are a lifesaver. Sorry I forgot to mention the machine is a 530 standard. So I downloaded dell allraid 530 file but have one question. You noted bios.bin was the original and I'm assuming that means it's the original allraid version, not the original dell version. Is that correct?

Thanks again for the help.

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    what I mean is bios.bin is original allraid version this comes with slic 2.0 as the inspiron 530 only came with vista. The biosslic.bin is original allraid but instead of slic 2.0 it is modded with slic 2.1 so you can also activate windows 7.

20. gspears

gspears MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Beautiful. Thanks again.