Install Win 8.1 over Win 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jetjock, Aug 26, 2016.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Please forgive me for asking a question that's probably been beat to death here.

I have spent two days now reading old posts in this forum and Daz's forum, and still haven't found a clear, concise and simple answer to this: Can I install Windows 8.1 from a DVD onto a new computer, purchased with Win 10 already on it, and activate it using...what?

I have read that Daz's loader will not activate Win 8.1, but KMSpico will. So, I downloaded KMSpico 10.2.1 and saw in the readme that it's from Team DAz. WTF? I've also read that KMS activators won't work on a GPT partition, but since Windows 8.1 appears to install on a GPT partition, how can KMSpico work on it? Is there a special way to install Win 8.1 that I have to use in order to use Team Daz's KMSpico?

Would someone please be kind enough to give me a walk-through of steps to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Please keep in mind that while I'm not a greenhorn, neither am I a programer.

I am so thoroughly confused now, I'm about ready to just say screw it, and put Win 7 Ultimate on the machine. At least I know that works!

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #2 LostED, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    No, its not possible. For devices having downgrade rights, Microsoft issues separate keys (usually OEM:NONSLP) for them.

4. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
  5. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
    I tried _2016 and _2016.txt, but not just plain 2016! Thanks.