Install Windows 7 Ultimate SP0 or wait for Windows 7 SP1? [:-S]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HamidFULL, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Think we're all at the conclusion that W7 is a glorified Vista. Your also right in the respect that not many have budged from there original impressions of Vista.

In any event people will see W7 as they want, so no point in trying to argue about it.

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Longhorn included several features which are now in Win7 but the problem with Longhorn was that it never run stable. So they decided to cut those "problems" out and released it as Vista OS. I bet a lot of users agree that Vista RTM has some serious problems e.g. with cable modems, driver unload and so on. With Win7 Microsoft did a great job and fixed all/most of the Vista problems, updated the kernel and created the superbar.

3. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Trust me if you used Vista and then used Windows 7, then you will know... the difference...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nightstorm

nightstorm MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    I installed Win7 in Virtual PC the other day to test, and I only have one update that I downloaded from MS. This OS doesn't go live until the 22nd of October?

But what if it needs some critical security updates before then, will that not be released until after the 22nd of October as well? Best guess?

5. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    NONE OF THE CURRENT OS's is STABLE IF THERE WOULD BE, THEN THERE WILL BE NO MORE NEXT VERSION LOL ! :D

6. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    good one. you should win nobel price.:)