Install Windows 8 Ent(X86) Build 9200 on PC's Without NX Support

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Jul 4, 2013.

1. orsone

orsone MDL Member

Jul 28, 2014
    insta 8.1 dual boot with 7

Hello Wazoo, I'm triyng to install Win8.1 with FaiKee procedure #4 -5aug2013 (dual boot with Win 7)
    and patch Win 8.1 PAE,NX and WINLOAD x86 total 3 patches(page #1 Jan1 procedure) but happen Error 'create file failed'
    then I can't proceed with my installation.

my notebook spec cpu 1.7 Ghz RAM 2GB NO PAE NO NX

Thank for yor support

orsone

2. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    #202 Wazoo, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. orsone

orsone MDL Member

Jul 28, 2014
    If so Item #1 identifies "win 7 reg tweak". This would be what allows you to write the patches to the files. Just follow the "howtogeek" howto and it does the same thing.
    Item #6 is where you must take ownership of the files you want to copy to.[/QUOTE]

Hi Wazoo
    Yes this is the procedure that I'm using.
    I've tried already 3 times again the proc with "win 7 reg tweak" .
    I've copied "win 7 reg tweak" on disk E:8.1 applied, but when launch "install.reg" can't see if take own or not.
    So I take own manually====> E:\windows>takeown /f E:\windows\system32 operation done
    after start with "admin prop" W8CPUfeaturepatch.exe but same ERROR createfile failed.

What can I do?
    Thank you very much for your support
    orsone

4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    No, if you failed once, you'll need to re-do from start, i.e. format drive then extract the wim again, it seems that if you failed, there will still be a bak file in the system32(ntosknrl or winload), then the patch will find this bak and return the failure error ; I told Jan1 about this little bug but seems he didn't fix it.

5. orsone

orsone MDL Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Hi Wazoo, I've tried another time and I want confirm that cannot patch win 8.1.
    In fact when i restart the pc and boot from win 8.1 I receive Error 0xc0000260.
    If I boot from win 7 boot ok.

thanks
    orsone

6. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I've said that in OP:

7. orsone

orsone MDL Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I'm so sorry FaiKee and Wazoo if can't have a dual boot install with 8.1(evaluation copy). Thanks again for your support.

I seem in other OP that somebody like (tomchr,als1956) have target this goal, but now I think with (jan1 proc standalone).

Nevertheless I'll hope soon from this forum to reach my goal.

many thanks
    orsone
    [h=3][/h]

8. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    I have patched Windows 8.1 Pro and Window 8.1 Core Single Language Update but only for NX/SSE2.
    The original patch was developed for Windows 8 and as FaiKee identified the patch for PAE may no work for Windows 8.1.
    Good luck in your search for a solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Harsh.gundecha

Harsh.gundecha MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    Hiii
    i found only this forum and thread where installing win 8 is possible even for those pentium 4 where NXbit is not supported
    now all i need is that can you please post a complete thread on how to install win 8 for a newbie like me including all links from A to Z.
    I would really appreciate your work if you could help me out.
    thanx for paying attention.

10. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
  11. Harsh.gundecha

Oct 2, 2014
    thanx for quick reply friend
    i need to patch only NXbit i am having other two i.e., PAE & SSE2...
    Can you make a thread wherein you can explain it in complete step by step and in detail for novice like me and many others..
    thanx once again for having a look to my reply.:rolleyes::D

12. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    The threads contain all the information needed to attempt the patching.
    The posts are a history of many successful patches as well as many failures.
    Many more questions need to be answered.
    1) What is the processor in your computer?
    2) Will you be installing Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?
    3) Will the OS be 32 bit or 64 bit?
    4) Will you be installing clean or attempting to dual boot?
    5) Do you have a copy of Windows 7 on DVD?
    6) Are you aware that even after the patch the system still may not function?

13. Harsh.gundecha

Oct 2, 2014

Ans:-
    1)I am having pentium 4 processor with no NXbit.
    2)Anyone from 8 or 8.1 or whichever is better.
    3)OS will be 32 bit.
    4)I will install it clean not dual boot.
    5)Yes, I have a copy of my current windows 7 on DVD.
    6)Yes i am aware of that.

14. Harsh.gundecha

Oct 2, 2014
    can i also get the link please???

15. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
  16. Harsh.gundecha

Oct 2, 2014
    Can you suggest about which one to download , coz there are many many versions with some extra apps or languages and others and i dont know what to select
    i need english language

17. Harsh.gundecha

Oct 2, 2014
    is there anyone who can give me link to patched+readymade iso of windows 8, because of commercial daily use i dont have much time to try patching myself on trial and error base method

18. SaifAhmed

SaifAhmed MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    Hi guys, I'm new here. I followed FaiKee's instructions. I patched the ntoskrnl.exe file using Jan1's tool. and I've already extracted out the contents from the install.wim package. when I copy the ntoskrnl.exe into system32, it won't let me because I don't have authority form 'Trusted Installer' I am really dumb so I might not catch your instructions first time. I've tried making the system32 folder non read-only, but no luck. :confused:

P.S. Jan's tool is quite awesome actually.

19. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
  20. SaifAhmed

SaifAhmed MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    #220 SaifAhmed, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Yeah, but I looked at the one on page 5 of this thread. Thanks for pointing me to a detailed one :)
    I figured out where I've gone wrong so I'm fine. Soon I'll post my results of W8.1 on a old as hell computer :D