Install Windows On 1000 Machinnes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Arman, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    Yes, lets... just for the fun of it. ;)
    :eek: Wrong + BS, ...safe to assume YOU did NOT read op post. :D
    BS - OP states he has MAK license, OP states hardware differs - Deploy? Just like that... OP states the 'machines' belong to the same organisation but where did OP state all 'machines' are actually on the same physical location? :excl:
    Right, I assume... no wait, I'm sure you don't know what you on about. :shutup:

2. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    #22 Weedy, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Okay...

I did read OP, when he first posted. I didn't reply straight away because I couldn't be bothered at the time.
    When I posted, I obviously didn't accurately remember the original post, and stupidly, didn't re-read it. My bad.

As such, I will make a minor alteration to my posted opinion.

• Download the driver packs from driverpacks.net and the standalone driver installer. Adjust the settings file to make the driver installs silent.
    • Make a generalized image of windows using sysprep with the mak key and office, and do all windows updates (and any other applications like security, etc, that you want installed).
    • Within that image, place the driverpacks installer folder into the OOBE folder (or something along those lines) so that it is run as soon as you boot the PC after deploying the image.
    • All you have to do is deploy the image to the machines, turn them on, and set up a username.

Job done.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Well, I have read that once you generalize a image, the activation is lost.
    Someone chime in on this please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Even if that is the case, you could simply write a batch file that installs the MAK key and activates, then also put that in the OOBE folder.

5. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ROFLMAO :D Re-read your (complete) initial reply! - I took the Mick for totally diferent reasons. :biggrin:

Ie. you know perfectly well this is bs.
    ...plus; OP never stated the machines are actually on one/same physical location.
    I work for an 'organisation' that has over 450 locations in the Netherlands alone. Thousands of machines.
    Now imagine for a moment these machines are not in a network. Whole lot of traveling involved visiting all these locations.

Someone smart once said; 'Assumptions violated are like risks realized'. ;)
    Rest my case.