Installing 7 on new computer with SSD and HDD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by John Grey, Aug 18, 2013.

1. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Speccy does not tell me, it says:
    AS Rock B85M at Version it says To be filled by OEM

THe Network Driver is the Realtec Lan Driver?

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #22 Humphrey, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    I do not know. Where did you buy this computer from? Online? LINK?

Did it come with any books? Should be one on the motherboard.

If you cannot figure it out, you could always click on both links. Navigate through each to the network drivers and then check to see if each board has the same or different drivers, if the same then it doesn't matter and install- if different then you better find out which one you need.

Real important here, you said "Windows did not detect any networking hardware - The device manager shows no network adapter" and from what I know there should be at least something showing there. Do you see unknown hardware in the device manager? Screenshot please.

Does it have a network card installed in the computer or is the network port in the mb?
    That was a dumb question, I looked at the website and it shows onboard network lol.

One is a: Qualcomm Atheros Gigabit LAN
    the other: Realtek Gigabit LAN

Still there should be something showing in the device manager, either red or yellow icon. Could right click it, goto Properties, Details tab, menu down to hardware id(s) and type letter for letter the first one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Thank you so much.
    The point was: "Did it come with any books? Should be one on the motherboard."

I called the shop, and asked, and they realized not only did they not include the book, there is also a CD with the drivers on it... They did send it in a taxi... I installed the qualcom driver and the connection hooked up. I am sending this on the connection...

Thanks again....

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Nice, great service.

Glad I could help. Enjoy your new pc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    If you dont have any drivers, you can just find all of it on the web :nono2: :holiday: :spoton: