Installing home prmium, how/where to get the version?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Xanode, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Xanode

Xanode MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    Ok i apologize right off the bat if you have read allot of these kinds of threads in the past, i did do a search but came up trumps, so please bare with me.

I just bought a new laptop with home premium installed with the normal key sticker on the back of the device. Now the laptop does come with a program to make its own version of recovery discs from the recovery partition pre installed on the laptop, thing is you also get a s**tload of bloatware included.

Now i k there is a download of windows 7 provided on this forum, i use it for my desktop with a loader, but from what i can tell it only installs ultimate, and i haven't noticed anywhere in the install process where it askes you what ver you want to install.

So question is: do i need to find a copy of home premium on the net and make a disc or can i use the ultimate install provided here and use my home premium key somewhere in the install process to only install home premium?

Also while im here, how well does dazloader work with hp laptops?

Once again apologies if you have seen allot of threads like this and a big big thanks for any help.

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    #4 half Man Half Biscuit, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011