Installing Windows 7 From USB Drive 3 Steps Easy Process

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gigahertz20, Aug 8, 2009.

1. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
  2. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    just noticed this thread is an older one, and i posted the same message about Bootable USB App on page 10
    never mind

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, look at my sig!! ;)

4. Quamin

Quamin MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2010
    Great post, I think I'll try this later on today!

5. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    dont use thumbstick for installation, but USB Harddrive
    partitioned and formatted with DISKPART, then, made bootable by using BOOTSECT /nt60 (driveletter)

copied over win7 install resource and works like a charm, even added $OEM$ folder , works a treat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Why should I use a USB HDD instead of a USB thumbstick/memory/pen?

7. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    i meant to say I don't use thumbstick, i like having some more space for creating an install source with programs and s**t included, created an AIO that i intend to fill with various software, but not for just one index but all of them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. palebrowndot

palebrowndot MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2011
    Is this thread still alive? Anyway, thanks for the instructions, they worked beautifully. I managed to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 onto my laptop and it remained operational for several months. Unfortunately, I never changed the boot order after I reformatted my laptop. If a USB was attached, the laptop wouldn't start up because it would load from the USB, which wouldn't have the necessary files. Usually, I'd just remember not to start up the laptop with a USB attached, but last night I figured I should change the boot order for the sake of convenience. I reset the boot order and now it won't start! I tried putting the boot order back to the way it was when I reformatted it, and it still won't start. I even tried System Restore and it didn't work. I really hope for a solution soon because I have some important files in there. As much as possible, I want to avoid having to reformat the laptop. I hope for a quick response, thanks.

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It is related to the bios setting... :)

10. palebrowndot

palebrowndot MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow, that was a fast response, thanks. But, I'm kinda new at this, so can I get some more info? How do I change the BIOS setting? Is it related to the F2 menu at startup?

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yes... get into the bios by pressing a special key (F2/Esc/Del) & then change the setting. Btw, whats the model of ur netbook??

12. palebrowndot

palebrowndot MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2011
    It's an Acer emachines d725, and I'm real sorry if this is annoying, but change which settings?

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  14. TheStar

TheStar MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    Even if the boot order changed it should boot off the Hard Drive after no USB is present.

15. thantzinhtay

thantzinhtay MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2011
    so good and now i know this step . If I am a problem , I ask Question .
    Thank you for all..

16. CIS

CIS MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    Anyone else find that the Windows official tool doesn't work? The UltraISO works great for me, but the Windows official tool won't work, it won't boot.

17. DazDroog

DazDroog MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    Well, that was certainly an education and an experience on the vagaries hidden within layers of polysilicon, and of course behaviors modified by non-uniform implementations therein;
    ...read from beginning to end, and will now give it a try on the G-1 test-bed running MDL Win7-VL; and see how a clean install of Win7-pro transferred from MS dvd to USB-8GB flash goes...thank you for the background, tools, and options for whatever obstacle pops up..if any.
    ..had lost track of MDL for some time, glad I found it again googling for Win7 from USB info.:biggrin:

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Why are u posting these useless .......?? :mad:

19. spoof2012

spoof2012 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2012
    :biggrin:
    BEST OPTION: OPTION NUMBER ONE, install from Microsoft the software and sit down and relax, fast and reliable.