1. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    #2061 str8, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  2. samaarons

samaarons MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks very much. I was trying to use a HP EEPROM to update the OS option to Windows 7 because I keep getting error "Error found: You have set Vista Flag on a Win 7 image, please use EEPROM to set ~OS SKU~ value = 2" but I only have options for Vista and non-Vista. This is likely outside to scope of this thread but can you guide me?

3. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    Strange, cause you probably got this guide for the last coupla pages right? Those tools were made b4 W7 came out. But i don't understand you - the utility doesn't allow you to choose "1" and save it?

4. samaarons

samaarons MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    I have a TX2Z-1000 CTO came with Windows Vista. I just bought and got a HP Recovery Kits for Windows 7 Premium but I ran into installation issues with the follow errors, "Error found: You have set Vista Flag on a Win 7 image, please use EEPROM to set ~OS SKU~ value = 2". I tried to use an EEPROM tool to set OS SKU value = 2, but only available options are: 0= non-vista and 1 = vista. There is no option 2 for Windows 7

5. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    To be honest with you i don't really understand what is the problem? Are you trying to say that you can not install W7?
    What if you set it to "0", install your W7 and then switch it back to "1"?
    Where did you get that HP recovery kit?

6. samaarons

samaarons MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    I can install a retail version of Windows 7 or any other compatible OS, but I was trying to specifically use the OEM HP Recovery Kit Windows 7 Premium DVD version which comes with all the driver/softwares for my model. The problem is that I unable to use the HP Recovery Kit For Windows 7 Premium DVD because it keeps failing with the error asking me to use EEPROM to set ~OS SKU~ value = 2. I did set it to 0 and also 1 and tried installing/recovery but it still failed with the same error. I think per the error it is looking for a value of 2 which I suspect = to Windows 7
    I appreciate you patience and interest. Awaiting your response.

7. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    Ok, I see now. Well i think you are right - 2 is for W7 but that option is missing. Maybe that EEPROM utility is old or was not updated by mistake? I think you should ask where you got that DVD.

8. samaarons

samaarons MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks again for your interest and assistance. I bought the DVD directly from HP.