1. macwynn

macwynn MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    UPDATE - HP ENVY 17-1011NR Ultimate x64 SLIC 2.1

Ok all, here's where I am at...

I updated to the F13A BIOS before I smoked the drive and then installed Windows Ultimate x64 and installed the Cert Loxx gave me with the Cert tool.

It worked, and I am now activated an spent all last evening doing Windows and HP updates to get to parity with all current software, drivers, etc. Everything seems to be just dandy, so thank you to those who helped.

Problem is, I am still uneasy. Without writing a book, could someone explain to me why this was so easy? I have an HP system that as keyed with Home Prem x64 from the factory, so the BIOS was SLIC 2.1 already, but I updated it. So then, by just doing an ACPI table dump with RW Everything, Loxxx was able to generate a key for me that authorized Ultimate x64.

And it was just that easy? Why the hell does MS even bother if it's that simple to do? I mena thye might as well not spend the millions they do on anti-piracy stuff.

If I am missing something I would like nothing more than to be educated. Thanks!

MW

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You didn't even need to request bios mod if you had run Slic Dump toolkit first you would have seen you already had SLIC2.1 in bios,
    any Windows 7 Ultimate OEM SLP key would have worked with your HP certificate.

You could also have used Windows anytime upgrade option and just used ultimate key system would have upgraded over the internet no need for clean install :)
    It has been like this since vista came out.

5. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
  6. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010