1. TheMustangMan

TheMustangMan MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2012
    Akcent, many many many thanks. Works perfect.

2. ngtuan

ngtuan MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    Help me SONY VAIO VGN-CS36GJ Slic 2.1

Help, link down.

3. HagenFrankenstein

HagenFrankenstein MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2012
    So I went ahead and downloaded the same files from the first post for someone's dv7-1270us and opened up the "mod" folder, clicked onthe batch file, it opened the insyde flash utility? and the current and new numbers matched and they both said f.2d so i went ahead and flashed it. I was able to get into the bios, but nothing changed... and now when i exit the bios it goes to a blank black screen with a flashing cursor D:

I presume I have to somehow recover the original bios, but I've spent hours reading these forums and I'm just more confused! I have no idea how I'm supposed to fix this, nor how to properly flash a bios that isn't the packaged file from HP's support site.

Could someone please email me instructions or links?? I can't find info that helps, just get more confused!? :(

HagenFrankenstein@gmail

If someone's willing to call me my phone number is twosixnine 2six2 one733. I have a lot of videos from school projects on this computer and need it working to finish editing my projects for my video class D:

4. HagenFrankenstein

Mar 16, 2012
    alright, so I was able to boot into Ubuntu, but flashrom won't let me flash, and I can't seem to extract the .exe from HP's site.

can someone extract this? once extracted, I grab the correct .fd file and change to .bin and put on the root of a flash drive right? :(

awesome, and my tablet doesn't like this site, and won't let me paste the support url.

its for hp dv7-1270us windows 7 ultimate 64 bit :(

5. HagenFrankenstein

Mar 16, 2012
    I've tried .fd and .bin and case sensitive, and i still can't seem to recover my bios. the beeps after win + B and ac power have been 1, 3, and 4. when I put .fd files on the root of my usb card it gave me 3 beeps initially then went silent and stays on but no more beeps? :( doesn't seem to make any sense. And I've followed the HP recovery steps listed in the forum, that doesn't seem to work either... but I still can't confirm I'm using the unmodded s51315.exe files. My BIOS says 30F4 and I've tried shortening the .fd files to just 30F4.fd and .bin

6. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    How do you flashed the mod, you run Insydeflash.exe "as Administrator" ?
    Can you provide RWE report for modified bios ?

7. Hodo65

Hodo65 MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, I did run Insydeflash.exe "as Administrator". So I cant provide RWE report from modified BIOS, because failed to flash, original RWE report is in my request post. Thank for your help ;).

8. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    Edit the string in platform.ini file :
    [Log_file]
    Flag=0
    to
    [Log_file]
    Flag=1
    run insydeflash.exe and upload InsydeFlash.Log file

add

turn OFF your antivirus before the mod flashing