1. BDMaster

BDMaster MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Aug 2, 2009
    No You can use only Generalized Whole bios in Recovery mode and by FPT there are two flags to use -f -bios to rewite only bios region and You have to use only backupped bios
    backups by FPT or Universal Bios Backup) then You can write Whole Generalized bios file with only flag -f !
    You are adviced FPT is Dangerous as don't take care of nothing and no checks too !
    regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. fjfc

fjfc MDL Member

Oct 13, 2012
    It means that in recovery mode I can use that 8MB file (extracted real BIOS) you sent me, right? BUT flash the one that come from Dell and is unextracted (With 9,6mb) Wold be a mistake? == What I did
    Do you know about any success of bypassing Secure Flash with FPT? Also, will I need only FPT itself and do like in donovan's blog post or will I need extra tools? You mentioned some progs to bypass write locks in the PM u sent me, will I need those?

EDIT:

Ok, so I've got to slv's forum and read about FPT method and also his bypass write locks tool... Can you confirm my first question?

3. BDMaster

Aug 2, 2009
    1 Yes
    2 No Whole, only bios region
    3 Depends on SecureBoot and SecureFlash or other
    4 Yes follow example

Good Luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BDMaster

Aug 2, 2009
  5. BDMaster

Aug 2, 2009
  6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @TommyBoy

There is no SLIC in the RW report which means the SLIC mod isn't working. However I have to delete the link as it contains the MSDM key from your bios. Next time, please share via PM.

:)

7. TommyBoy

TommyBoy MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    Thank you! I've pm'd BDMaster but at this point I don't know what else to do. I'm pretty sure he inserted slic 2.1 already. Would I need to install Windows 7 using the UEFI option in the BIOS? (I used "Standard" with secure boot off. This option was required in order to successfully load the modded bios,

8. BDMaster

Aug 2, 2009
    Ok I will give a look and reply in PM.
    Thanks @Tito
    regards

9. fjfc

fjfc MDL Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I tried it, but found no locks...

What options you want changed/enabled ??