InsydeH20 Flash gone bad

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by razerzone987, May 4, 2010.

1. razerzone987

razerzone987 MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    #1 razerzone987, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Yesterday i was installing some new updates on my Acer 5741G laptop and I noticed that a new version of bios came out 1.06 (at that time i had 1.05) so i decided to update it.
    I updatet it normally but when needed to shut down the system the screen freezed and i tought that was normal so i leaved it for more then 45 min and then noticed it wont shut down so i removed the battery.
    Now that iv tryed to turn it on i can see that the bios is damaged :/
    The screen is black,the cooler is working,the dvd reads the cd at start and all the lights seems to work except the hdd that is doing nothing.
    With the Fn+Esc trick i can make the pc read any dvd/usb stick but i dont know the procedure to flash it when i cant see anything on screen.
    i followed some tutorials but i didnt find anything for this "new" bios released by InsydeH20 :((
    So i was wondering if anyone here could help me.
    the laptop model is Acer Aspire 5741G
    Thats the LINK of the lastest bios that i didnt update completly.

Tnx in advice for all your effords!

Regards,
    Razerzone987

2. razerzone987

razerzone987 MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    Come on....noone knows what i should add to a bootable stick to make this laptop reflash the bios?
    any help is appreciated...tnx

3. razerzone987

razerzone987 MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    s**tty forums.
    tnx for nothing f**kers

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Sorry for the delay I just read through this one....
    I would recommend resetting the BIOS at this point as it appears that you had a corrupt install of the new one....
    Other than trying that I don't know how much you can really do to be honest....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. noexcuses

noexcuses MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2008
    If you would read the Sticky in the thread that you post in you may have found some help. Instead, you write a post and then attempt to insult the entire forum because no one came to your rescue fast enough. Whose fault is it that your BIOS was corrupted from an update? Here's the Sticky: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/2105-BIOS-Recovery-procedures

If that doesn't help then use a search engine for Insyde BIOS recovery procedures. Also, learn some manners.