Integrate SP1 for Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zdenek, Jan 8, 2011.

1. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Greetings to all fans of Win7. Please advice. I would like to integrate into an unattended installation of the official Service Pack 1 for Win7. Ask if you can do it or not. Thank you for your advice and suggestions. The creation of this installation using the software in 7customizer 044a. Thank you and have a nice day. :worthy:

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Do you really thinks so :( with UnattendXP Vista_UA and Se7en_UA I can do total unattended installs with all my applications registered e.c.t you can't do that with RT7Lite.

4. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Thank you for the advice but I can only work with software 7customizer. I made batch files for installing SP1 and now everything works fine. But I would like to install SP1 WIN7-Home Premium x86.

5. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    RT Se7en Lite - Beta (Build 2.6.0) [Service Pack 1 slipstream support] <--- This one supports SP1 slipstream +2 to RT Se7en Lite lol ;)

6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Does any1 have a Se7en_UA download link for me? Would be much appreciated!

7. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    #7 ambidav, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  8. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Thank you very much! :)

9. In©ž

In©ž MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    where to get it from microsoft =

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. mzakho

mzakho MDL Member

Nov 22, 2008
    use RT 7 Lite to integrate sp1 with win7

11. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Thanks, thanks mzakho! I will try in this manual installation process.

12. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    I worked as instructed. User works great. I will try to do a separate installation of Enterprise. Good day to you all. :p

13. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    The program RT7 Lite I Windows7 Ultimate SP1 integrated. Everything was done and the installation was OK.

Now I am interested in how it could integrate SP1 into Windows7 that still other versions include SP1 (eg Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional), and not just Ultimate. Unfortunately, at that RT7 Lite can only izbiraš for each version. Thanks for any information. Integration was done in Win7 x32.

14. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Hello Friend, I integrated the Home Premium and Enterprise x86 everything, because my system is x86 and not x64 SP1 integrated. In the initial screen, RT7 Lite is written. It made me only one selected installation. However, there is the possibility to integrate into all versions of a file located in Install.wim. :rolleyes:

15. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    @ Zdenek please tell me how to do that in all versions of SP1 x32 Win7. Thanks!

16. Yany

Yany MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    #16 Yany, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Hi there. I don´t see the option to integrate service pack when selecting OS version (RT7 Lite). ISO is original MS with ei.cfg removed. Any help. Thx.

EDIT: My bad, installed 1.7.0 :eek:

17. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #17 burfadel, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Please note that an integrated/slipstreamed (ISS) SP1 Win 7 ISO is not the same as an original SP1 ISO from Microsoft. Reason why I highlighted Microsoft is that like with Vista and XP, there are many ISO's claiming to be original ISO's, when in fact they are simply ISS.

The differences between an ISS ISO and an original ISO are:
    - An ISS does not include the updated setup files (even if the hotfix setup files are included) which are included with an original SP1 ISO.
    - Without the updated setup files, its possible the detected CPU features that is done during setup won't recognise that AVX is available on Sandy Bridge/future Bulldozer etc CPU's. This probably isn't true or won't really have an effect, but its still a consideration.
    - Compatibility during setup with SATA 3 drives on a SATA 3 controller may be a future issue
    - Installing Windows from a device plugged into a USB 3.0 controller may be problematic, since USB 3.0 support was only added at an OS level with SP1 (RTM required the installation of device support drivers)
    - Compatibility when having the display plugged into Displayport. RTM Windows setup (and hence an ISS) doesn't have displayport compatibility, meaning part way through the setup the screen will be black. This is a known issue with Win 7 RTM setup that should be rectified with the Win 7 SP1 setup.
    - An ISS install, even if the image is cleaned up so SP1 is un-removable, may not be as clean as a true Win 7 SP1 ISO.
    - Not sure of this one, but the original Win 7 SP1 ISO may have updated drivers available which aren't included in the SP1 update. The reason for them not being available in the update is simply due to the fact the update would be considerably larger if these updates were included. If you install driver updates yourself properly this shouldn't really be an issue, and they should be available via Windowsupdate if you don't...

Advantages of making an ISS:
    - If you reinstall your machine often, or you are reinstalling several machines, an ISS will save time. Furthermore, RT7 Lite allows for modification of settings and feature available etc, which could save time over doing these individually over several machines
    - When an true SP1 ISO is available, it can still be used to make a customised install, with the same advantages as outlined above.

So, the benefit of making an ISS depends on what you intend to do. There would be little benefit making one just to reinstall one machine. Actually, reinstalling Windows so you have a fresh SP1 will have little benefit unless you happened to have the need to reinstall Windows, and it was just luck that SP1 became available now. In all other cases, I'd strongly recommend you wait for the true SP1 ISO, since if you are simply reinstalling Windows because of SP1, you will have the need to do it again when the SP1 ISO becomes available due to its potential cleanliness advantages etc :)

18. kittu8_in2002

kittu8_in2002 MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    thank you buddy :)

19. knetxp

knetxp MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks for your instructions

20. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You can make an iss with updated setup if MS brings out an updated waik. This will contain the new waik, and usually also setup packages are included in the waik iso. Adding these new setup packages to the new waik with dism will also give you the updated boot.wim. Same thing for winre.wim which is inside install.wim.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...