Integrating drivers problem on Windows 7 and 8 and also system readiness problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryouga, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I get Murphys iso's extract just the version I need which is Home Premium on 7 and Core and Pro on 8.1

Both versions I integrate drivers and adjust settings with WinTookKit, and in the case of 8 I use Winreducer to remove all the metro apps as I dont use them then make the isos UEFI bootable.

However on both 7 and 8 whatever drivers I integrate are missing and I have to manually install them not sure if this isa WinToolKit issue since it affects 7 and 8 but wanted to know basic way to put them in the install wim, the silent installs I add work fine though and the wims have increased in size so they must be there.

Secondly Windows 7 always shows a system readiness update available in windows update not sure if thats just how murphys isos are set up or its something broken in my isos.

2. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Well scratch what I said about drivers on 8.1, tried it on spare pc and the drivers installed but not the silent installs.

But the 7 part is what bugs me hence me asking here, I have to manually install all drivers after install and thats a pain as that includes my ethernet and wireless drivers so I cant just ftp them from network and so have to remember to have them on D drive or on a pen drive and if I forget I have to use laptop to download them and transfer them.

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Are you sure your integrating the drivers into the right index ?

Not sure about that tool your using. I just use DISM commands.
    But check the index's on your Windows 7 image.
    The drivers may well be integrated into index 1 - Starter and your choosing Ultimate. Which is Index:4

I like to delete all index's apart from Ultimate, which then makes Ultimate Index :1

4. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Yes as with 7 I just delete all but home premium.

I just thought though that I always convert to esd and put it into a 8 folder(minus the 8 esd of course) so that could be why but I assumed the drivers were on the wim/esd

Could I just put the wim in the 8.1 folder then do it or does it need to be 7 until I convert.

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #5 tnx, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Not sure on your file structure and where your install.wim is saved.

I just put my install.wim files in C:\DISM\install.wim

Then i point the dism commands to that folder.