Integrating office 2013 to Windows 8 install.wim

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bertikul, Apr 28, 2013.

1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Gimagex seems to work fine for most everything.
    The only thing I couldn't get it to do it what you said with the ProWMC /flags thing. Since you already have to do a dism /set-edition, it just makes sense to use imagex instead.

2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    The last time it was updated was Vista days, as it has Business. It doesnt have Proffessional, ProffessionalWMC, Core, SingleLanguageCore, Embedded, etc...

I prefer a cmd batch and imagex, using the version of imagex made for the OS.

3. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Yah the flags are outdated, but both the imagex and gimagex are too. Most of that functionality was moved to dism.
    I guess we're just stuck in our ways :p

4. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I used both, gimagex and imagex to compress and wim image here, windows 8 pro wmc and gave no difference, only when using the export gimagex failed, the rest works good. I have a doubt, why the need for this flag? I leave in default in gimagex, when there is no own flags here.:sailor:

5. Kopimist

Kopimist MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm using VMware Workstation with the drive mapped to Z:\ (Win7 installed to drive, Sysprepped and ready for capture).

However, I can't get ImageX to recognize drive Z:\ so I can capture the contents of the drive to a .WIM file

Thoughts?

6. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I don't know exactly, but I know I've had problems without setting the index flag to "ProfessionalWMC"
    I did this once by accident and I couldn't figure out why I kept having problems.
    Then I put in the imagex /flag line and it worked perfectly...

7. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I've heard of capturing the vm disk by mounting the file as a disk in disk management tools, but I've never done it.
    The references I saw were related to .vhd files, though they'd probably work if you simply renamed the suffix.

8. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I never faced problem with this, hope you used Vmware Workstation's options to map drive.. Could be a problem with your command options, please post that...