Integrating Office into Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ptd163, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ptd163

ptd163 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    I see Windows install images floating around on the internet that have fairly sizable program integrated right into the install image, Office for example. How are people accomplishing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
  3. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Most likey scripts

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #4 PhaseDoubt, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    RT7 Lite for one. Worked well for me, I just go tired of doing it over every time new updates came out which was at least once per month.

5. kabino

kabino MDL Member

Nov 13, 2013
    But how can integrate all office (word, powerpoint, excel ecc ecc) ? I can select only installer and size is about 300 kb and not 800 mb

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    The only Windows integration product I ever used was RT7Lite so that's all I can speak to. It allows you to integrate a full Office suite. Before I did that though, I used Office Slipstreamer to integrate Office updates into the Office suite.

Others will have to describe other products, but for RT7Lite I just jumped in and started using it. Trial and error and the website's help and FAQs "taught" me how to use it. As with any product, you'll likely never be perfectly able to use it before you start using it. You have to crank it up and go for it. All it'll cost you is time. If the integrated product you make is not what you want ... erase it and do it again.

By the time I had everything into my integrated Windows installer, it was something like 4.5GB. The only size limit I ever found was the size of the output media. And since my intention was to burn to DVD, 4.5GB was about as big as I wanted it to get.

But again, once I had the product I wanted, every month or so along came another set of updates and fixes. I got tired of all the updating and re-integrations and just started using the latest version of the OS. If someone wanted other programs, then they had to install them. I dropped back to installing the OS, making sure it was stable and left customization to the end user.