Intel Driver Updates

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Michelle68, Nov 10, 2010.

1. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The 2 driver in my post are not official. But sometime this kind of driver become officell on intel website after a wile. (if no major bug etc are found)

The RST 12xx is the same as the 12xx beta, but this one is sign by microsoft (WHQL)
    The chipset is also sign by microsoft.

The "pros" is sometime good and sometime bad, new bug fixes and better compatibility etc. If you are not sure if you should use a unofficial driver, you can first see the changelog to see if there are any changes you like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    yep i was talking about the chipset, and i've tried to look into station-drivers website for changelogs but couldn't find them...

i always used intel ones but sometimes i got the curiosity of trying these, i just don't know if they are safe since they're not official

3. november_rain

november_rain MDL Addicted

Oct 25, 2012
    #263 november_rain, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    The 10176 in the driver number on station-drivers is a typo :)

Also, it's only an inf file. If the device is already detected, the inf won't make a scrap of difference. This is why the new versions don't do anything if an older one has previously been run. The main performance driver for Intel is the AHCI driver. This is optional, if not installed the inf installer will install the INF version, which just uses the standard Microsoft AHCI driver.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to keep it up to date though, just pointing out it won't do much (unless on a fresh install, possibly, or with new post-Win 8 hardware like Intel Z87 platforms).

5. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    could u please elaborate on that a bit more..im lost

6. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
  7. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
  8. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I have the latest drivers and that detection method says my version is unknown.

9. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I do not understand exactly what you mean.
    But unofficial drivers can be important for some and for others not.
    If you want to use drivers from Intel's website do it. But let the people who wants take part in this thread.

10. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    Anyone knows what is the last AHCI driver version that supports ICH8M-E/M (PM965)? It appears that 11.1.0.1006 is already missing it, even though it still supports ICH7M, which is earlier!