Intel EFI (Bios) Mod for Slic 2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tapmal5, Aug 15, 2009.

1. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Is that recommended over using a loader nowadays?

2. P-Dude

P-Dude MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2009
    I'm very much interested in buying an Intel DQ77KB board, but has anyone successfully managed adding a SLIC 2.1?

3. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    Tried to use ITK 5.0 with OA3 Tool to insert EFI on my DQ77KB, is this possible? oa2 use a marker, pubkey and pkey 3 files. OA3 uses only one file, only for Windows 8? I'd like to add only SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7 though.

Anyone could give a hint?

4. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    So Intel 7 Serie board is no go for hard mod? No Phoenix Tool, no ITK method?

5. lunchboxrts

lunchboxrts MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    Phoenix tool injects the slic but the signature of the .bio file no longer matches so it refuses to flasho_O

6. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    Hmm, last time I tried, using Module method, flashed using iflash2.exe under pure DOS. It seems to have flashed. But I shut down the machine like an idiot (iflash shows no flash progress). So the mainboard was bricked(I can't even recover it), I can't say its because of the mod or because of the shutdown. So I dare not to test it again, cause don't want to wait for repairing.

7. lunchboxrts

lunchboxrts MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    Most of the new boards dq77 dh61agl etc are uefi and you have to flash via vcustw.exe from the itk. its shows invalid signature and vcust refuses to flash

8. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    iflash2 is for dos, works too. VCUSTW for Windows...

9. Outkast1

Outkast1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Is it possible to add SLIC or SLP by putting it in manufacturing mode/cmos ???

I have a DH77EB board and I dont want to brick it.

10. Joanne

Joanne MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    I have the same board.
    I extracted the bio file and I'm not sure how to modify it. I could use some help please. thank you!

11. killer23d

killer23d MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    I have a DZ77GA-70K board and I modded the BIOS via PhoenixTool 2.12. When I tried to do BIOS Recovery from that, it won't flash and constant reboot loops. I then check the event log, the BIOS attempt failed.

Until we can sign the BIOS, we can't really mod the new Intel board.

12. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    It looks like my DQ77KB, but I couldn't recover the BIOS. Have to get a replacement...
    A new oa2intel tool would be better choice, which doesn't involve BIOS modding.

13. killer23d

killer23d MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    Everything is going to UEFI with Windows 8, BIOS is becoming obsolete. I have to say UEFI makes booting so much faster and secure.

The OA2Intel is basically injecting codes into the BIOS, similar to entering DMI info in the motherboard. With the proper tools, flashing is not needed to update certain "strings".

I feel sorry for your board. I really want to know why Intel insist on single BIOS chip when other boards have dual BIOS like my Rampage III. If I screwed up 1 BIOS, I just flick the switch and it will boot from the other so I can re-flash the bad one.

14. skysatone

skysatone MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    Hi to everybody!
    I just wanted to let you know that there is a new tool to add SLIC 2.1/2.2 to all Intel motherboard with chipset series 7 (like DH77, DQ77, DZ77).
    The new version of OA2INTEL (X007) is available here: bbs.bios.net.cn/thread-281076-1-1.html
    The main problem is that to read the link you need to enter a chinese captcha, and I don't know how to do it (even using google translate)!
    Possible login: ligaldo98 pw: liga
    If somebody knows chinese language, could please let us know the link or upload the program to a new website?
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. skysatone

skysatone MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks Tito, i've beeing looking for this tool for a long time and it was posted in the SLP thread, not in the Intel one.
    In the meanwhile I managed to insert the chinese captcha and i got the full tool from bbs.bios.net.cn/forum.php?mod=misc&action=attachcredit&aid=233308&formhash=d92bf33c
    If you have a look at the previous posts, many people were looking for the new tool... Now we got it!
    Thanks again for your quick reply!

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can you please upload the package??

18. skysatone

skysatone MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    Here we are!
    Dos and win tool.

19. SLICuser

SLICuser MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2009
    What version of iflash2 did you use? I'm trying to downgrade my DZ68BC with defective firmware (and it been close to a year and Intel still hasn't released a OA3/Ivy Bridge version that works. I will not use OA3 and have a Sandy Bridge so version BC0028 will work (just doesn't support EFI correctly). But all the iflash I've tried with says "you can't downgrade" its actually checking the firmware. It sound like the one you used didn't.

Right now I have to RMA it to have Intel for the downgrade it so if i brick it it doesn't matter.

Thanks

20. lunchboxrts

lunchboxrts MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    confirmed working on dh61agl and dq77kb