Intel EFI (Bios) Mod for Slic 2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tapmal5, Aug 15, 2009.

1. imodu

imodu MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2008
    It works on DH61BE, thanks!!!!!

2. mux

mux MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Did a DQ77KB successful with the windows version of OA2intel.:)
    I set back the date manually to 1.1.2009 - ran OA2intelwin batch- installed the certificate - activated. done!

3. nel1156

nel1156 MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2011
    No need to use Andy's Tool for your Intel Mobo. U only boot into Windows XP or Win 7 to run the new version OA2intel007 to add SLIC. After finished the program, u only reboot the computer and it will work.

4. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    like foreposter said. Try the new tool. The iflash2.exe I used is from Intel, downloaded together with DQ77KB BIOS files. Just FYI.

Btw. tested the new tool on DQ77KB, success!

5. nel1156

Sep 7, 2011
    Thanks. U may directly press F7 in bios and use bios update / flash the new verison of bios. That means u no need to use iflash2.exe to update the new verison of bios. OA2intel is a official OEM tool to add OEM slic data into the bios and it is nothing related to iflash2.exe. After the success to add the SLIC by the tool, the SLIC is persistent and survives subsequent flashes.

6. Sehol

Sehol MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2011
    Still works on DH67BL as of the date of this post -- however, as suggested earlier on this thread, the BIOS date had to be set back to the year 2009 for the modification to work.

7. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    sorry, my post was meant to for "SLICuser", forgot to quote his question.

8. vitkernel

vitkernel MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    If you please! Briefly, step by step, how can I modd my dq77kb with Slic 2.1.
    Thanks.

9. neuche

neuche MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2009
    Please can anybody help me with modding my bios for Slic2.1
    Motherboard is IntelĀ® Workstation Board S5520SC
    Bios Link:
    h**p://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3073&DwnldID=22288&ProductFamily=Server+Products&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+Workstation+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Workstation+Board+S5520SC&lang=eng

10. neuche

neuche MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2009
    Here is a link to the BIOS for S5520HC board (R0050)
    OEMID: HPQOEM
    OEMTBLID: SLIC-WKS

please re-upload the file..all links are dead.. please please please

11. xtacydima

xtacydima MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    confirmed working on Intel BOXDZ77GA70K but only ran properly after creating a bootable USB flash drive with HP tools and ran in DOS mode

Win mode kept failing with error messages about incorrect date in marker.bin file and when trying to fix I got a long error which I don't remember

once again... success via DOS mode!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to get this inject to work :worthy:

12. profbuy

profbuy MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2012

I tried multiple times, used the Intel(R) Integrator Toolkit playing around with the SMBIOS info, and using the oa2intel tool (dos & windows)
    Flashed multiple times during this experiment
    Eventually I was able to get the D975XBX2 working but only with the 'Dealindepot' bin. (not sure on the exact procedure. don't have the machine anymore)
    I noticed that the dd Marker.Bin file was 182 bytes.
    Any other 2.1 bin that was 384 bytes would come back as 'programmed' in the oa2intel tool, but would not show up in Windows! (no slic found in utility & not activated)
    The slictoolkit indicated a problem with the XSDT & RSDT (would be shown as intel info)

Just curious.
    - Anyone have any insight on why that might be?

This info may be of use to other's with Intel boards that seem to be a problem..

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  14. profbuy

profbuy MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks Tito!!!

I gave the D975XBX2 to a friend, so may have to see if this works on it when I visit next.

I have another older intel board ( DP55WB ) that I recall had the same problem...
    If I get some time, I will try it out.

15. Vova1312

Vova1312 MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello, please help with this Bios:

-Manufacturer: INTEL
    -Motherboard Model: D945GCLF
    -BIOS Date: 14/04/2010
    -Bios Revision: 0278
    -Bios Type: Intel EFI
    -Bios Download Link: https:// downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&changeLang=true&DwnldId=18947

Thanks

16. eurotech

eurotech MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Argh, I spent three days combing this thread to try to figure out how to activate D975XBX with various files. Although other bins will seemingly install, the slic table will remain empty. The only one that will work are the JPSCSA bins. So that it may benefit others looking for the same solution for this motherboard, the OA2INTEL.ZIP file listed on POST 6 from the SLP Marker File Update Utility thread contains the JPSCSA bin files needed to activate Windows 7, although they are listed under default filenames. The zip file also contains the rare Dealin-2.1.xrm-ms 2.1 certificate needed that many slic packs still do not contain.

1. Download the OA2INTEL.ZIP file. Post #6 from the SLP Marker File Update Utility thread.

2. Modify the file dates of marker.bin, pksign.bin, and pubkey.bin to todays's date. You can set your clock back to 2008 or earlier, but it may cause you to lose your 30 days grace period to activate if these bins do not work for you. I used the touch tool found on post #852 from this thread.

3 Use WinImage to inject all of the files contained in the updated OA2INTEL folder into a driverless bootable floppy image found at bootdisk.com and used ImgBurn to burn a CD with the bootable 1.44 floppy image sector just created. Saved me the trouble of trying to create a bootable USB drive.

4. Boot with CD, run DOS.BAT, remove CD, and reboot.

5. Activate with the Dealin-2.1.xrm-ms certificate.

Other Keywords: jsign.bin jmarker.bin jpubkey.bin jpksign.bin D975XBX2

17. nel1156

Sep 7, 2011
    Hi ! eurotech

1. Download the OA2INTEL.ZIP file. Post #6 from the SLP Marker File Update Utility thread.

== Download the OA2INTEL007.ZIP in post #878

2. Modify the file dates of marker.bin, pksign.bin, and pubkey.bin to todays's date. You can set your clock back to 2008 or earlier, but it may cause you to lose your 30 days grace period to activate if these bins do not work for you. I used the touch tool found on post #852 from this thread.

==> Run Dell bat to add 3 Dell bin files to add Dell SLIC in windows XP / Vista / 7
    ==> Not need to mod the files date and the bat file solves the time limit by resetting the time during the running the OA2intel progarm

3 Use WinImage to inject all of the files contained in the updated OA2INTEL folder into a driverless bootable floppy image found at bootdisk.com and used ImgBurn to burn a CD with the bootable 1.44 floppy image sector just created. Saved me the trouble of trying to create a bootable USB drive.

==> No need go to DOS as there is Win version of OA2Intel progarm in zip files

4. Boot with CD, run DOS.BAT, remove CD, and reboot.

==> Run Win version of OA2Intel progarm in windows XP / Vista / 7 by the click the bat file. After the program says success, then reboot into Windows 7.

5. Activate with the Dealin-2.1.xrm-ms certificate.

==> Activate windows 7 by using Dell Cert and relevant Dell Key that match with your version of windows 7

Other Keywords: jsign.bin jmarker.bin jpubkey.bin jpksign.bin D975XBX2

==> it is dummy bin files . Pls use 3 Dell bin files

nel1156