Intel P35 Chipset drivers for Windows 7 32/64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by remorema, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 MDL Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Can't believe the incredible amount of misinformation in this thread. >.>

You do NOT need the chipset update with Windows 7 with any current Intel chipset. Period. Greatest misnomer is calling the INF update "drivers" since there never has been one single driver file in it. It merely exists so that Windows can be updated to identify your chipset features if it does not have built in existing support and nothing more. Windows 7 properly detects all Intel chipsets up through the X58 with no issue. In the future with things like when the P55 chipset comes out, then yes, you would need this indentification program so Windows can properly know what the features are based on their hardware IDs. Using or not using this update will have zero affect on your system with current chipsets. However, I will say that you should use Intel's AHCI/RAID driver from their Matrix Storage download as the AHCI driver in Vista and Win7 kinda blows.

But again, there are no drivers in the INF update. It's just a collection of information files to assist windows with chipset detection when it lacks support of a given chipset.

2. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    Well said m8 :)

3. MadPerson

MadPerson MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    the matrix Stroage Manager won't Install help

I have a Asus P5KR Mobo with is P35 Chipset but when i run the installer it says "computer does not met minimum requirements".

how do i install it..

4. footgay

footgay MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    It's for ACHI/RAID Mode.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    First you must select/change it in the BIOS to enable it.
    Select AHCI/RAID and you will be able to use matrix storage drivers and see a small boost in the read/write speeds :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. remorema

remorema MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    just tested and it is not like that.

after installing with the -overall , in device manager lots of devices previoslly installed with 2006 microsoft drivers, now show up as 2008/2009 intel drivers.

please do your homework before talking non-sense

7. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    Just look at driver details and it will show pci.sys made by MS ;)

8. remorema

remorema MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    ended up making a fressh install and it makes more sense keeping the Win 7 X64 instalation drivers.

looks like the performance was a forceware issue. I'm now running the system Win7 x64 without having to install any 3rd party driver manually.

the system recognizes all my hardware, and the only two devices that are not recon by the fressh install( wifi& ATK) are installed via windows update.

Props to microsoft tfor doing it right this time.

9. buendia

buendia MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I've installed with -overall switch. How to uninstall Intel chiset drivers, i.e. to revert to MS-made drivers??

10. roylion15

roylion15 MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    You can just use windows system restore ...