Intel Turbo Memory + Advanced Format HDD in Windows 7 **SOLUTION**

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kouryu, May 6, 2012.

1. mbze430

mbze430 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2008
    So there is no way to use Turbo Memory with Intel's RST? Just only IMSM?

2. fortunate

fortunate MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2013
    Hallelujah!! I upgraded the HD on my Lenovo laptop to (Hitachi advanced format) 1 TB, and Windows Update, and most importantly, Indexing Service - stopped working. Searched all over the place for hours, updated drivers, etc... no love.

Then I finally used the right word combo to find this page- Kouryu- Thank you thank you thank you.

So my steps were a bit different, but same result in the end:

1) Updated all Lenovo as you mentioned.

2) Went to HP link you provided and downloaded their driver update package. Ran package, but cancelled out after it "unpacked" itself.

3) Went to Device Manager: IDE ATA Controllers: Intel ICH8M E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    and did an "update driver manually", browsed to the HP service pack folder and told it to search there: C:\swsetup\SP48491

Presto, driver updated, and the broken services Windows update, indexing, everything back on line. Took 3 days to reindex my HD...

I had previously gone in to the Turbo Memory control panel and shut off Readyboost and Readydrive, and I haven't bothered to turn it back on yet. Maybe I'll reactivate them some Friday afternoon, just in case it doesn't work and I have to reindex again...

Anyway- Thanks for the solution-:worthy:

3. recreaghmd

recreaghmd MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    Update on the Turbo issue.

Good day and thanks for permitting my membership.
    Not sure how popular is this subject but perhaps it could be updated.
    Since 2012, Intel have rename the Matrix drivers as RTD (Rapid Technology Drivers) an there are new ones, yet not all are applicable to older controllers. The new name is the reason why some peoples have not been able to find them. For a ICH8M-E/M controller the v: 9.6.0.1014 (newer than the HP one you mention) seems to be the last one and is the one I am using successfully with a 1.5 TB AFT HDD. I do wish to add a Turbo Chip. The Turbo file from Lenovo still have the older driver. There is a new one from Intel (1200.0.49974) but it is an exe an I am unable to open it to see which driver might have.
    Can you perhaps share your opinion with the new files?
    Cheers

4. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    The version mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the last version that works. Any newer driver is not compatible with the Turbo Memory driver!

5. wuith

wuith MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    Hi Kouryu!

I messed it up in Windows 10 trying to reinstall the drivers of Intel Turbo memory. Before I could see my turbo memory as disk but now not anymore... And I lost what you told in step 3

"3) Look for the shortcuts to the Turbo Memory utilities in the Start menu. You will need to back them up. Right click on the shortcut, and click on "Open file location", and you should have direct access to the Start menu folder where these shortcuts are stored. Copy the entire folder. Leave the File Explorer window open, you will need to copy this folder back later."

Would it be possible to get your backup? You could load in any server.

Thank you very much!