Internet banking; if I use Google Chrome or Firefox can Win10 still spy on me?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sps, Sep 4, 2015.

1. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes. In this cyber world, this has become a very big headache. God helps :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    He rarely does...
    neither do banks... ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Being worried about Edge and using Chrome is like being worried by the electric chair choosing to be shooted to avoid it.

Get a decent browser: Vivaldi, the good old Opera 12 or even the new Opera (Opium) or Chromium would be better suited than Chrome.

Anyway, a good browser can't make the navigation "safe", just safer.

W10 must be cleaned from the all the MS crapware to be considered as barely usable.

4. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    This is interesting......

5. raiden89

raiden89 MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2009
    ITT: Too much tinfoil hatting. Pls stop making silly threads like this and/or stop using Windows 10 if you care that much.

6. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    IMHO, this forum is there for having such discussions. This isn't a silly thread, instead many peoples can learn what is going on in cyber world. :popcorn:

7. raiden89

Mar 4, 2009
    These threads are making this board less desirable to come to because every other thread now is about Microsoft spying on people. Bunch of whiners full of paranoia. I'd look for another board but this kind of mentality is cancerous so it wont be much better anywhere else until someone says "ok that's enough."

So instead, I'll sit back and laugh at all of you looking over your shoulder for the big bad NSA/FBI/CIA, etc to knock on your door.

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I feel like this thread goes to nowhere like the other one which was closed recently or moved to a place where it does not affect windows discussions. :D:D
    As long as nobody can bring in facts upon really stolen banking data the speculation goes on and on. I don't buy CNN news btw !! :D
    If someone uses all that online services MUST be aware of misuse of any kind but as long as there is no proof ... nothing to see here ...
    Guess this thread also can be moved to elsewhere because it is out of MS and Windows range :p

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    laugh all you like, raiden89.
    i have got a dark blue feeling that the mods know all about enough is enough by now..

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I concur. Why such topics just like this are considered seriously conspiracy paranoia, saying derogatory terms like tin foil hat and the like.
    Just because a theory can't be proved under scientific method it doesn't mean is false or true. Of course something very bad is going on in the world since many years ago. Anyone can feel it and see it.
    And don't come here saying there's a lack of facts and evidence to prove a theory because we are talking what human beings do (intelligent beings). An intelligent being can hide and make elusive all kind of evidence rendering a conspiracy theory sans proof.
    Unlike scientific theories which try to prove and gather evidence of phenomena of physical world. The universe doesn't have physical mysteries trying to hide because they are intelligent and hate human kind investigating them, no those mysteries which haven't being resolved is due the fact they are very difficult to unveil with the current science/technology available.

How people can prove conspiracy theories about M$ without evidence? M$ (human organization) is trying to hide any evidence then conspiranoids end ridiculed.

11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    The thread moved off of MS after it was made clear that it's more internet.

Unless someone comes along and can capture data going to MS. I don't think you need to worrying about it raining inside, unless you're hiding from Aliens.

12. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

If you don't care about your privacy and /or security, just let the wiser people to discuss the matter.

Those crap jokes about tinfoil aren't funny nor helpful.

For the record the tinfoil is something that today is practically nonexistent since the end of WWII.

13. raiden89

Mar 4, 2009
    Lmao I very much do care. But I am not paranoid to think that Microsoft is spying on me when 1. I'm not doing anything wrong and 2. There's nothing I have that Microsoft is going to want and 3. I doubt Microsoft cares that much about what we're doing that they're going to swindle everyone into downloading this operating system so they can spy on everyone.

And even if they did, who's been arrested/charged with anything from using Windows 10? Its' been out for over a month now to the public and I haven't seen one thing about someone getting caught with something.

Edit: Tinfoil nonexistent since WWII? Then what is this tinfoil I have on my refrigerator? Lmfao.

14. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Once again I have to thank everyone, as always I learn reading MDL.
    But my initial question is more like:

If I use any browser other than Edge can/will Win10 capture/intercept information I type and upload to MS?

15. raiden89

Mar 4, 2009
    Yep. It totally will so you might as well go back to Linux.

16. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Are you joking, so you have gone around to the 3 million towns and cities in America and have asked each one if they received a tip about someone with Illegal data, or how about checking with the FBI after they received a call from local LEO, informing them of Illegal images that are sent to them which is part of their CPV.

17. raiden89

Mar 4, 2009
    Apparently you might not know how the media works. If someone gets busted because Windows 10 sent authorities "private" information, then everyone would be all over that like white on rice. Its not something that would just be kept quiet because of silly paranoid people like you.

So yeah, I don't need to go around to the 3 million towns and cities or 75 million+ households with Windows 10 just to see if they've been caught yet. When it happens, everyone will know.

18. sapito

sapito MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2013
    This Thread is going nowhere but your data yes. Nowadays, data, user preferences, locations, relevant conversations, etc, are used for proffit, private enterprises can use them and without your consenting, they CAN SOLD it to agencies, corporations, marketing, etc.
    They don't steal, they have your consent to do that. Proof? Mafia needs proof?
    Don't bother with the law, they know what and how to make it :)

Like many people say, if you want to be protected from the "cyber crime", don't use internet, smartphone, don't use signups, etc.

Well, believe it or not, this is only my opinion. If you think Antivírus, firewalls, OS's, bank accounts, etc are protected, think again :)

19. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Hi, MJ, thanks for the info, however where I live I'm more worried about real criminals who take personal info to steal your home, arm robbery, kidnapping, etc.. Life is not easy around here these days...

20. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #40 PaulDesmond, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    @ raiden: 5. April 1905 a Swiss company Heinrich Alfred Gautschi had the Patent of producing Tinfoil called upon the "Paket- or Buchwalzverfahren" Production process. See further information on wiki