Internet banking; if I use Google Chrome or Firefox can Win10 still spy on me?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sps, Sep 4, 2015.

1. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You might want to look up the word "tip" Someone can easily contact authorities annon, over the net. The last time a seller around me was caught selling PC's and loading cracked windows, it didn't make CNN. But being win 10 only has been out a month, and not a year, we could see something.

2. raiden89

raiden89 MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Yep we very well could. But if someone gets caught because Windows 10 is "phoning home" which is the point of all these tinfoil threads, not about "tips" from anonymous people which can happen no matter what OS you use, someone is going to try to get the word out to stop using Windows 10 because of its phoning home.

So far, its been out a month and the only stink I've seen are people posting threads full of paranoia.

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Lots of people around here aren't wearing the tin, it's more the idea of spying. Because something isn't going to destroy your life because it might not affect you directly, doesn't mean you allow things around you to encraoch
    on you until it's too late and then you stand back and say, gee, I guess I should have taken a stand, cause now I can't buy soda because it's bad for me.

Just think, if everyone like you was at the Boston tea Party, there wouldn't be America, and if there weren't people like you, America would still be a country where you are not in fear of a government and robbed blind by them.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

... and you think this seller was trapped by using Windows telemetry? Fraudsters get caught upon their behaviour over the net by fooling innocent customers and get reported shortly after.
    These guys were around since many "centuries" and they become more and more each day. All this has nothing to do with windows as an operating system.
    Again: no proof of misused telemetry but a silly report of crime .... shall I say Period?

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You know, snake oil is used as a medical treatment.:rolleyes:

I didn't say it was due to spying, and yes it was because people got the non genuine. Was just saying it wasn't something the media cared about. Now with the public being concerned about it, I'm sure that MS will never directly bring any case that would land them in the media which in turn would have people dropping windows.

I'm positive they can take action if they need to and remain out of it.

I'm only pointing out things, as a insider I had certain things on win and never cared and nothing was ever blocked. I'm merely stating what can be, due to the fact that others are doing nothing but using the tin foil, and making people feel bad.

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #50 PaulDesmond, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Media is a major problem nowadays. They chime in with a pro-half-knowledge on a copy and past style. Pro-half-knowledge is one of the most dangerous brain-washed things at all times. I will not extend the amount of it since it fits almost everywhere. Many youngsters are jumping on such trains seen here on MDL, no even adults do, and after a short period time the perfect mes shows everywhere. This train follows the rails where it was put on and if nobody stops it, it goes on and on as we can see. The only one who can hit the break is MS itself with telling the "truth" and simply proof that all that paranoia is stupid.
    Talking to IT pros, they have a smile on their faces ... for good because windows is an operating system that collects data in order to make it a better os one day. There was not a single file on the collection radar that leads to private/confidential data shown in public ... if it were, doors at MS got closed earlier than they were opened the next day.

8. winbond

winbond MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    short answer: yes
    long answer: don't use win10

9. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #52 odiebugs1, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Yes, but it still falls back on the idea, some people want to be asked not forced.

With the insider program, don't you think they have enough people. It's not a few people, it's thousands of people worried about privacy. I think if MS said we have a button, and if you check the box for privacy, nothing but uopdates are looked at, we see nothing but them.

Win 10 would be the greatest thing in the world. I bet people wouldn't even check it, because they had a choice. Choice, isn't that a right ?.

P.S. Thanks for the logical conversation, refreshing.

10. raiden89

raiden89 MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Literally NO ONE is being forced to use Windows 10. NO ONE. If you don't like what they're doing, simply do not use it.

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

It is that easy: As an insider you agreed with some rules MS wanted you to. I didn't hesitate a second to agree because my test machines don't carry confidential pron or such, neither do I expose myself on the internet except on MDL ... lol ...
    Using the enterprise version of W10 I can select some useful settings upon privacy which I think are good enough to keep my things "under control"
    I do not use PayPal or other easy-click online services and banking is an eye to eye biz between the banker and myself. Guess I never would buy a few hundred ounces of gold or silver over the internet and even pay over it hahahaha.
    No that hype is overdriven since a few days and it is time to pull back the throttle for a slow down

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Good to hear you try and protect yourself as needed and not just fly totally blind. If you ever do buy that much gold, I have a safe you can use.:biggrin:

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

lol ... I got a bullet proof save with a lot of goodies ...
    Did you expect an old sailor like me flying around blind? :D

14. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG MDL Novice

May 31, 2008
    I wonder how much money MS paid to keep us claim down, and what MS will collect was clearly stated.

15. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I use my brain as credible source, wikipedia was just a quick way to try to explain some obvious facts to the people who isn't used to do the same, w/o wasting too much time.

And yes wikipedia is a credible source, surely more credible than some random bs posted by a random kid on a forum.

Surely more credible by the random marketing bs that comes out of the PR departments of some random big brother.

MS included.

16. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Now your legs will make fewer assumptions in the absence of differences in predictive ability, an smooth as a babies bottom.:rofl6: