Internet Explorer 9 Beta (Sep 15, 2010) Won't Install on Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by xscess, Sep 16, 2010.

1. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
  2. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Run:
    sfc /scannow
    From the command prompt, reboot, then try again :)

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I just uninstalled IE 9 Beta.

It looks great! but 3 things:

Web pages load much much slower compared to IE 8

MSN Games doesn't work with it, always gives an error when trying to load a game

The Send Feedback thing is never able to sign me in for me to send my feedback :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lonnieinskeep

lonnieinskeep MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2010
    The majority stakeholder in Windows browser usage finally enters the all-out war between browser publishers. What will come as a surprise to people who didn't check out the Internet Explorer 9 technical previews... Thanks for sharing..

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    for your second issue, did u try compatibility mode or IE8/7 Rendering? For me sites load faster, interesting.

7. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    It does work for me (tested on VM win 7 64). This post is from IE9 beta. Different matter that what looked colourful and bright in the promos is not actually so.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I have to agree there but it is still better in my opinion. Just can't wait for it to go final. :)

9. unknownzd

unknownzd MDL Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Have u tried to remove the files by deleting it? first you should check which app is opening that file by using apps such as process monitor or process explorer (use the find handle option in process explorer) ...... and then try to delete the file manually ........

10. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    @Matrix Leader,

When you uninstall IE9 Beta, did it revert to IE8 by default? Because there is no official IE8 site where you can install IE8. IE page at M$ shows only IE9 Beta. Filehippo IE8 is for Windows XP. I did not check CNET downloads.

11. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    You have to uninstall it from updates. Odd it is only listed as an update. Buggered up my system. Lucky me I just backed it up same day. I installed it and lost aero. So, no biggie; uninstall it and the other 4 updates and everything should revert, right?? NOT. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling video and MB drivers, whole nine yards. Couldn't get visual styles to work again. After half a day screwing with it I used my backup for a complete restore. Seemed like IE9 took half the registry with it when it left, LOL. My system is a LITTLE tweaked, but not radically (I tried undoing any tweaks I thought might be causing an issue). I use FF mostly anyways, just thought I'd give it a IE9 a try. BTW, Bios mod x64.

12. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    i installed ie9 and it screwed up some web sites i go to it wouldnt load the compleat page i couldnt get to the normal reply box at the bottom of the page and it was a little qwurkey with different web pages, so i uninstalled it with with windows and noticed my ie8 was acting the same way i tried to reset ie8 to the default settings that didnt help! so im using firefox for some pages and ie8 for the rest. i will wait for the final ie9 and try again

13. KenanK

KenanK MDL Junior Member

Sep 26, 2010
    thankss...