IORRT - The Official Office 2010 VL Rearm Solution

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by timesurfer, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #101 timesurfer, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    lol...I don't do modification programs nor am I an expert but IORRT is not a patch. It just backups office data that allows restoring/rearming via task and resets rearms and the 30 day grace period over and over every day. I have bricked my office like 26 times and ended up in notifications over and over but when IORRT version 1.3 came out my comp never bricked again even with 64 office and Win6 x64. I learned in batch script that installing when already installed actually bricked office so I stopped that as well as trying to uninstall when already uninstalled and again if not installed when you used option "C" it would also beick which I also fixed...lol

I don't think the backups are 32/64 independent I think just the rearm and status we're OS specif dependent

I was the only one to continiually test the rearm concept with batch file console so I discovered these things oand overcame them. Please tell me your office 32/64 bit and OS bit and maybe I can use team viewer to help you get it work

just pm when you want to and dl teamviewer. you can use chat to say hi about this and I'll try to be there ok :eek:

:eek:

2. jtvgeo

jtvgeo MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    it will be nice to get this working. I have never used teamviewer before, but im sure its not that difficult. I have a 64bit ISO of Office2010 on a Windows 64Bit OS.

ill get my computer formatted before knocking on your door.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Be happy to test with you on TV and it as easy as pie so just let me know and I show you ok

4. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    #104 woebetide, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Just tested in VM with Server 2008 x64 and Office 2010 x64, no problems at all !!!!

You are installing the VL Office and in standard directories ??????

I normally don't install programs on c:
    I use different partitions or drives for docs, programs, temp, pagefile and .......
    So in my case some variables must be changed, OSPP.vbs is located in G:\Office2010\Office14

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Perhaps you'd like to work with jtvgeo in team viewer since you have good skills at troubleshooting ;)

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #106 timesurfer, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    (OP)
    We may have slight bug. I installed 32 bit on 64 bit Win 7 and I got same msg that jtvgeo got but when I just used the bat instead of the .exe it installed but the minutes did not go to 43200. Even when I ran the C option it still did not get 43200

However KMS worked fine on same office :eek:

So jtvgeo what office did you use? And what OS and anyone with 32 office and win 7 64 let me know how it goes

Thank you for all your testing. We are close definitely with this app

I think these things are minor but I'm guesstimating

7. jtvgeo

jtvgeo MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    im run this through a Windows 7 64Bit OS and using 64bit Office VL

here's what i did.

1. i used the "MICROSOFT.OFFICE.2010.PRO.PLUS.RETAIL.X64.ENGLISH. MSFT" X16-32213.exe
    2. then i used the "Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher" to convert Retail to VL
    3. i used an iso virtual drive to link the ISO file.
    4. during the OFFICE installation. i left everything default. i did not change no directory, or custom installation
    5. once done, i restarted computer.
    6. Once bootup, i run the IORRT program.
    7. i pick option : "A" for install

The output result on the program still showed path VBS error. I even try checking the "status" but it wont show anything but the error.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Ok dude we're going to figure this out. It can't be that bad I'm guessing

9. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    the input error means you are not passing the right ospp.vbs path or it is not being accessed properly. Likely because it's location varies based on OS/Office being 32 or 64 bit. There are 3 possibilities and that assumes they didn't do a custom install.

An alternative way to get the path is to do the following

use reg query command to read from
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot (If Office is 32 bit on 64 bit OS)
    or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot (Any case other than the above)

the thing to read is the Path entry. Simply add the ospp.vbs to that and it should work. It also lets you support office installed in nondefault location.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Can you give example as batch cody?

bat is on first page

Thanks

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Let me see if I can resolve some things. Don't mod the bat too much as I am going to see if I can find my old code.

12. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #115 CODYQX4, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    OK I am gonna rig things a bit different.

I can make it snag whatever the office 2010 install path is. ospp.vbs is always in that folder. It adds a space so breaks simply appending it but you should be able to cd to that variable then do cscript ospp.vbs ...

I'll fix a few other things I see as somethings were fixed in some places. Then I'll test it on my PC. My MAK is safely backed up so I have no fear of bricking.

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks dude ;)

14. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Thankfully I managed to rig the old toolkit code in easily. Another thing is you'll now have the OfficeArchitecture and installpath to work with should you need it. The officearchitecture gets used a LOT in the toolkit.

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #118 timesurfer, Dec 5, 2010
    (OP)
    For us beginners what does that mean...lol

Code:
    @echo off
    @color 0C
    title IORRT
    :MAINMENU
    mode con: cols=45 lines=10
    CLS
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.  
    echo.    InfiniteOfficeRestoreRearmTask (IORRT) 
    echo.    
    echo.               A. Install
    echo.               B. Uninstall
    echo.               C. Restore/Rearm
    echo.               D. Status
    echo.               E. Exit
    echo.

:CHOOSEACTION
    set /p userinp=    ^   Make your selection: 
    set userinp=%userinp:~0,1%
    if /i "%userinp%"=="A" goto Install
    if /i "%userinp%"=="B" goto Uninstall
    if /i "%userinp%"=="C" goto Restore/Rearm
    if /i "%userinp%"=="D" goto Status
    if /i "%userinp%"=="E" goto Exit
    echo.Try Again...
    GOTO CHOOSEACTION

:Install
    CLS
    mode con: cols=64 lines=21
    title IORRT
    schtasks /Query /TN "IORRT" 1>nul 2>nul
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
    echo Installing IORRT
    ) ELSE (
    echo IORRT has already been installed!
    echo.
    echo Press any key to return to the main menu
    PAUSE 1>nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )
    mkdir "%SystemDrive%\IORRT"
    net stop osppsvc
    xcopy /cheriky "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" "%SystemDrive%\IORRT"
    reg save "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" %SystemDrive%\IORRT\Backup.hiv /y
    net start osppsvc
    SET file=%SystemDrive%\IORRT\IORRT.bat
    IF EXIST %file% attrib -h %file% 
    echo @echo off >%file%
    echo net stop osppsvc >>%file%
    echo xcopy /cheriky "%SystemDrive%\IORRT" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" >>%file%
    echo REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f >>%file%
    echo REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f >>%file%
    echo reg restore "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" %SystemDrive%\IORRT\Backup.hiv >>%file%
    echo net start osppsvc >>%file%
    echo IF Exist "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" ( >>%file%
    echo "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" >>%file%
    echo ) ELSE ( "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86)%\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" >>%file%
    echo ) >>%file%
    echo schtasks /create /tn "IORRT" /tr '"%SystemDrive%\IORRT\IORRT.bat"' /sc daily /mo 1 /ru "" /f >>%file%
    IF Exist "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" ( 
    "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" 
    ) ELSE ( "%SystemDrive%\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" 
    )
    schtasks /create /tn "IORRT" /tr '"%SystemDrive%\IORRT\IORRT.bat"' /sc daily /mo 1 /ru "" /f
    echo.
    IF Exist cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus (
    cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus
    ) ELSE ( cscript "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus 
    )
    schtasks /query | FINDSTR /I "IORRT"
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 echo IORRT is not yet Installed
    echo.Press any key to return to the main menu
    pause > nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )

:Uninstall
    title IORRT
    schtasks /Query /TN "IORRT" 0>nul 1>nul
    IF '%ERRORLEVEL%' EQU '0' (
    echo Uninstalling IORRT
    ) ELSE (
    echo IORRT is already uninstalled
    echo.
    PAUSE 1>nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )
    net stop osppsvc
    xcopy /cheriky "%SystemDrive%\IORRT" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform"
    REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f
    REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f
    reg restore "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" %SystemDrive%\IORRT\Backup.hiv
    net start osppsvc
    SET file=%SystemDrive%\IORRT
    IF EXIST %file% attrib -h %file%
    RD /S /Q  %file%
    DEL %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\IORRT.bat
    schtasks /delete /tn "IORRT" /f
    ) ELSE ( cscript "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus 
    )
    echo.
    pause > nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )

:Restore/Rearm
    title IORRT
    schtasks /Query /TN "IORRT" 0>nul 1>nul
    IF '%ERRORLEVEL%' EQU '0' (
    echo Restoring/Rearming IORRT
    ) ELSE (
    echo Install IORRT before you restore/rearm
    echo.
    PAUSE 1>nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )
    net stop osppsvc
    xcopy /cheriky "%SystemDrive%\IORRT" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform"
    REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f
    REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform /f
    reg restore "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" %SystemDrive%\IORRT\Backup.hiv
    net start osppsvc
    IF Exist "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" ( 
    "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" 
    ) ELSE ( "%SystemDrive%\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM.exe" 
    )
    schtasks /create /tn "IORRT" /tr '"%SystemDrive%\IORRT\IORRT.bat"' /sc daily /mo 1 /ru "" /f
    )
    pause > nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )

:Status
    title IORRT
    )
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 echo IORRTT is not yet Installed
    echo.
    pause > nul
    GOTO MAINMENU
    )

:Exit

16. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    It means if you know the path differences if Office is 32 bit on 32 bit os, 64 bit on 64 bit os, or 32 on 64 bit OS, you have something very easy to rig into an if statement and set that path to a variable.

Since you are just using the rearm and backup stuff (and OSPPREARM and tokens and registry backup are always in the same place) it is not as big a deal. It is used though to make it possible for me to snatch the install path so we can ensure we know where ospp.vbs is though (even if user custom path installed it like on D:\ drive)

17. unit731

unit731 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2010
    #120 unit731, Dec 5, 2010
    Code:
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    SKU ID: 6f327760-8c5c-417c-9b61-836a98287e0c
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
    LICENSE STATUS:  ---OOB_GRACE---
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004F00C
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that
    the application is running within the valid grace period.
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: H3GVB
    REMAINING GRACE: 27 days  (38280 minute(s) before expiring)
    ---Exiting-----------------------------
    IORRT                                    12/8/2010 10:56:00 AM
    Ready

Press any key to return to the main menu
    does this mean everything's working?