iPod Error

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by rvca, Mar 17, 2009.

1. rvca

rvca MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2009
    Hi. I am currently having major issues with my ipod (80GB Classic). Last week while using it, it basically crashed. It would not recognize any songs stored on it even though they were still contained on its hard drive. So I did restore through itunes. Now when I try to load music files I get error 1303 (I am running windows XP home). I can load a few songs and then I get the error and the uploading stops. After a few times of doing this it gets to the point of not allowing anything to be uploaded and have to restore it again.

Any help would be hugely appreciated because there is very little info out there regarding error 1303 in conjunction with ipods. I have found no fix for this and I'm not sure whether its my ipod or software on my computer. I have also tried uploading information on a different PC but still get the same error.

I also downloaded a registry 'cleaner' which didnt help.

Thanks

Peter

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rvca

rvca MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2009
    Yes I turned off 'enable disk use' and still got the error. That was about the only fix I found for it on google (A lot of the search results are just people asking how to fix it without a constructive response). There were a couple people suggesting fixes involving some technical computer code that is beyond my capabilities.

What I can't figure out is why it was working perfectly fine for over a year and one day this all happened. I am assuming it is because something changed on my system, although I hadn't installed any new programs or changed any settings.

Sorry I don't know if that helps narrow it down.

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rvca

rvca MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2009
    yeah I have done a full restore a few times now. still the same issues. i think im going to have to bring it in to have it looked at because nothing seems to be working.

6. Buontempo

Buontempo MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2011
    still the same issues. i think im going to have to bring it in to have it looked at because nothing seems to be working.

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Try to wipe out the drive completely before restoring it.
    run diskpart from cmd
    type list disk
    select disk n where n is the number of you ipod
    clean

Afterwards restore it again with itunes.
    Don't know if it works but it's the deepest clean you can do.