IR5 - The Official Windows 7 Rearm Solution

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by timesurfer, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hahaha! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I think "Program to run Windows 7 forever without cracks, patches, loaders or keys" would be a good title. The current title made me think someone changed the look of windows 7. I'm actually using infinite rearm on one of my PCs and it does the job. Thanks timesurfer.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks

So that name or this one

The InfiniteRearm4 Project - A Program to run Windows 7 forever without cracks, patches, loaders or keys:p

Let me know guys so I can take your opinions into account before I ask Daz to change it:)

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I like this one, but the "program to run" may be better because it's shorter than the infiniterearm4 projet one. However infiniterearm4 project sounds cool

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    "The InfiniteRearm4 Project - A Program to run Windows 7 forever without cracks, patches, loaders or keys"

I like that because it tells you it's name and exactly what it does.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Let's do it then! Thanks Daz

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I had to trim it down a little, it would only let me fit so much. If you can think of anything better then I will change it again for you :)

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...That's fine...lol

lol...As long as nobody says it needs changing :D

9. Super_User

Super_User MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi everyone,

First of all this is a great forum with a lot of information. I was reading it for a quite some time before signing up.

This InfiniteRearm sounds like a pretty good method. However, I do have a couple of questions. I just installed Win7 Ultimate x86 on a VM and 27 days left before I have to activate it. From what I read around here, and if I understood correctly, I can rearm pretty much at any time. My question is: is there a better time to rearm than just any time... like for example is it better to rearm a day before the trial time runs out than to rearm two days after (sometime you can be out of town the day the trial ends)? Are there any side effects of being late with rearming?

Thank you for your work.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #30 timesurfer, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    (OP)
    If you use this program it will rearm automatically one day before end of rearm. Or every 29 days. So for 150 days it will do it for you. Your computer needs to be on for it to work but if the rearm day is missed if you follow instructions you can check box setting in task scheduler so if you turn it back on after rearm task but before you go into notification mode it will still run task. I wouldn't really worry about it since even if you get into notification. you can just click install and go into RE and in less than 5 min get your full 4 rearms back. Kinda a handy tool for people to have in tech toolbox...lol:)

11. Super_User

Apr 14, 2010
    Thank you for your reply. Yes it is a handy tool.. especially when it is safe to update online without worring that a loader you just used to "activate" your Windows may stop working after updating. It is too bad however that the trial trime cannot be increased to full 365 days. It is a great little tool nonetheless. Good work!

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #32 timesurfer, May 16, 2010
    (OP)
    You know it's funny MasterDisaster said he experimented with the SP1 of some kind and he said he got 5 rearms. lol...Did MS jsut give us more time. If so we only have to spend 10 minutes a year going into RE...lol

Remember though if you rearm before the task goes the rearm the task will still execute so it's best to click uninstall then then install again as to update the exact rearm task date and time to reflect the unscheduled rearm...lol However you only have to go into RE every 120 days or so. Maybe 150...lol

13. Super_User

Apr 14, 2010
    #33 Super_User, May 16, 2010
    I looked around here and the net for activation methods and there are a few that are really nice and work quite well according to people that tried them. But what I like about this one is that it's clean... no extra (3rd party) system files, no modified system files, no constant upkeep... just a method made by MS itself. Nice and clean... and what's funny, created and "approved" by MS. Though I still miss the old 98 days (not the 98 itself)... enter the serial number and that's it.

Oh yeah, and I like the thread title. It's clean and easy to understand. But maybe you should add "The InfiniteRearm4 Project - Run Windows 7 forever without cracks, patches or loaders... until the MS finds a way to brake it" (just kidding).

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    They won't mess with the task cause that's silly...lol Anyone can set a task. They'll have to target the files that get placed in c:\ or patch the vulnerability in resetting the registry which is the heart of this program...lol

15. Super_User

Apr 14, 2010
    Hehe... let's hope not... however, you never know what MS will do. I bet they do have people that read this forum regularly.

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #36 timesurfer, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
    (OP)
    Thats the rumor that they frequent this site but I dunno.

and wouldn't all of us have to add

to the end of their thread title.

Daz actually had to shorten my title for it to fit so sorry buddy...lol

17. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  18. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I just downloaded the latest version. I noticed it's just 1 exe file. The previous version I used had other files that came with it????

19. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea sam3971 showed me how to use winzip self-extractor to get it down to one .exe

I redid the first page plus posted hash for latest build and also included checksum file in download

I'm testing anti trial nag reg cmd as well as testing it for Server 2008 R2 to see if it can be added to the OS support on first page

20. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    That's great then. I thought some files were missing... thanks again.