Is is more people use SLIC method for Win7 during recession?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kocoman, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Is is more people use SLIC method for Win7 during recession ? as to buying it? or is Microsoft not update the SLIC to 3.0 ?

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

MS is probably waiting for the bios manufacturers to settle on the new standard they are working on, the one that starts the boot process in under a second and windows loads extremely fast. Can't remember the name of it.

As for the recession and people using "alternative" activation methods? I think the recession has little to do with it. I think is has more to do with the challenge of thwarting MS in what many perceive as draconian methods that violate our privacy. Some probably feel cheated by MS since they paid for XP and Vista, MS screwed Vista up so bad they had to fix it and rebrand it as 7 to salvage vista as a major release. 7 is NOT a major release, it is exactly what they should have provided with Vista to begin with. There is very little that is actually new and not just revamped or fixed in 7 as compared to Vista.

I am not trashing 7, it is the best OS they have ever released but it is what Vista SHOULD have been and I really did not care for having to shell out for a retail key for 7 when my year old Vista license is sitting in a closet with other software that will probably never be used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...