Is it about privacy, money or for the hell of it?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dolorous Edd, Feb 23, 2010.

?

Why are you interested in defeating activation and WAT?

1. Privacy issues?

28.8%
  2. The money?

37.3%
  3. or just for poops and grins

49.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. diluxp

diluxp MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Its Bill’s marketing strategy to make windows available to all users and get addicted to windows instead of Linux and MAC and get them to buy genuine windows as those people around the world are addicted to windows. Anyway they are making good amount of money by selling to corporate as user don’t want to use any other OS or letting other OS to develop.
    This forum is for home users and that why they are letting this forum running as this is force corporate to spend money on upgrade of windows 7 and hardware.
    I believe we are on right track

2. splur

splur MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    I actually bought three copies of Windows 7, two 32-bit and the one 64-bit. I don't actually support piracy, and feel that because Windows 7 was actually a decent OS Microsoft came out with that I'd support them, also if they ever come out with some kind of WAT that royally screws all pirates over then I'll have an alternative. I haven't used any of them yet and here's why.

I like to reformat my computer whenever Windows starts to get a little off, performance drops due to the programs I've installed and uninstalled over the months. You might think it's weird, but I feel better when my computer is refreshed and working at tip-top condition. I did this back with my old computer that had a genuine copy of Windows XP installed. After around 8-10 reformats over I think 3-4 years, I couldn't activate it anymore. It told me to call Microsoft and gave me an error code. When I called, they hassled me about why I had to reactivate so many times and I told them I reformat every couple months. I did not want to go through that s**t every single time I reformatted so that's the last time I gave Microsoft the upper hand.

Piracy 100%.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why don't you just not make an image of your clean install with say acronis system is backup and activated in few minutes.

4. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    or to save space use token restore for windows 7 activation backup :p