Is it just me or does Windows 8 SUCK?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by berryracer, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Do you like the new Windows 8 Interface?

1. Yes

40.8%
  2. No

59.2%
  1. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Touchpad is like WIN8, you need to get used to it.

I just bought one, and besides trying to (right-) click the darn thing all day, it is a nice upgrade.

2. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I don't think it sucks completely, but it does suck for a gaming PC. I reinstalled Windows 7 on my gaming rig, but kept Windows 8 on my Media PC. As a Media center PC I think it's great.

3. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna MDL Junior Member

Oct 5, 2012
    I've been using KDE for around a decade. The grass is greener because it is built for customization. So you can basically customize the interface exactly to your liking.

4. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    it sucks for my purpose

im a portableapp developer.. and it sucks for me.. i have to install a 3rd party app. to get the Start Menu back, which installs an additional service that constantly runs in the background.. sucks.

Windows 8 is great for noobs. . it's basically eye-candy.

For Power Users.. it sucks..

I have Win8 on a VM solely for testing purposes.. that's it.

I've said it from the beginning.. im skipping 8 like i did vista.

================
    ahh.. damn it.. i didn't mean to start a new thread.. i meant to add a post under "Does Win8 suck" thread..
    can a mod please move this?

thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gergev

gergev MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2012
    Install Classic Start Menu
    search for classicshell on sourceforge

I'm dual booting Win 7 ultimate and Win 8 pro. Both have the classic start menu, and I've got both configured so they boot right into an XP style desktop. The Classic shell does start up with windows and runs in the background, but you would never notice it. Win 8 actually boots a bit faster than win 7 on my new Asus K55A laptop. Both are clean installs.

Classic start menu is great. You can tweak it so there is no menu delay. Disable all the windows desktop gui animation, shadows, aero stuff for a very responsive system.

6. Cal-123

Cal-123 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2011
    #846 Cal-123, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    But go from there, now you've got Win 7 and Win 8 appearing like XP - should you really have to do this? We all know we can do that to 'go back'. Do the next step, *use the systems* - now - which is easier to work with as you've done before? Still think Win 8 is an imaginary XP or Win 7? Keep on trying to config this new (has got to be better - 'somewhere') system to appear and look like the old favorites - I've done the same. Then after a frustrating day with Win 8 by attempting something that should be simple, it will suddenly give you a "You don't have Admin rights to do xxx" and you'll wish all the special fake Win 7 and Win XP overlays you've made were really only hiding the real systems, so you could complete what you're trying to get done with one of them and not this super simple OS named Win 8. :confused:

7. papagoejoe

papagoejoe MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2011
    I'm sorry if I a repeating this, but did you consider the fact, that the old Windows Start Menu sucked balls? It took forever to find an application..

If you expect everything to stay the same, why bother upgrading at all? But if you actually try to spend more than an hour in the new system an maybe try actually working with you PC, you will find that the new start screen, which is finally actually an app launcher, is a huge improvement for desktops and tablet both..

The Windows Store an the Metro Apps i have tried suck though..

8. kvic

kvic MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    I have been playing around with Windows 8 for a while now ,and while I do not find anything earthshaking in it for me I'll stick with 7 ,being a hardcore gamer 8 for me seems to be lacking at least in performance ,one feature it seems to have that I do like is the instant boot feature similar to the software from ASROCK ,I have a feeling 8 will become the new Windows ME.Just a way for MS to get some revenue for the next WINDOWS 7.

9. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Its the games that are the bottleneck, not the OS.

I wish that people stopped with comparing apples with oranges

10. kvic

kvic MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2007
    I don't mean to offend you or anyone who uses it but it is MY observation of the OS as I see it ,and as far as comparing apples,oranges or anything else that is MY choice as you have yours. I DO NOT hate the OS it just does not have anything to offer ME as a improvement over 7.

11. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I use Windows 8 from early builds and I liked until they are removed Aero in RTM-that is what i don't like in OS.I play severel games in my machine and all worked like a charm...I can say now: I like 8....:rolleyes:

12. Dutchman01

Dutchman01 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I still don't like windows 8 after 2 months of usage.

I go back to windows 7 this weekend.

if ms 'does not change thos things as complaned all above i will also skip windows 9!

13. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Many thing still do not install properly in Windows 8, duh, WTH is Windows xp sp3 mode... M$ blowing smoke up someone (everyones) butt ...
    Windows 8 is 100% SH*T. I use so I can learn to help others ...

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use VBox/VMWare Player + Edited bios + XP mode vhd = done!!!

15. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    LOL, you are funny!

Some are giving excuses why not to use WIN8, but you just made one to ease your conscience why you do use WIN8.

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    AHAHAHAAAA!!!!:D:worthy::D:p:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #858 TONSCHUH, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    I don't know if you're a hardcore-facebook-gamer, but it's simply not true, that you would not gain any performance if switching from Windows-7 to Windows-8.

As a TOG-Member I know what I'm talking about and there are plenty other guy's which would prove you wrong.

Only as an example for BF3:

That doesn't mean that you will always see such a large improvement, but even a gain of only 5 fps is still an improvement and I have not met one gamer so far, which lost performance by switching from Windows-7 to Windows-8.

:rolleyes: