Is it just me or does Windows 8 SUCK?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by berryracer, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Do you like the new Windows 8 Interface?

1. Yes

40.8%
  2. No

59.2%
  1. berryracer

berryracer MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    Thanks for the backup

To each his own, hence I started this thread to see if I'm crazy or am the only one in the world who thinks Windows 8 UI is a major failure

And the poll results show that many users think alike! IT SUCKS! end of story, this is my opinion, now what is yours?

People need to vote and stop the personal attacks!

It's not like they will get money if I like W8 or hate it

2. LEXX911

LEXX911 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    See this is your problem Yen. Bitching about M$ trying to make money. Every freaking companies out there are trying to make money. Stop being stuck in the past. Because you and a few others don't have use for Windows 8 doesn't mean it's a step backwards. Seems to me this is a step forwards for trying to incorporate many things into Windows 8. Windows 7 is so bloated for laptops and netbooks. It's about time that Windows 8 will change all that and expect better improvement after Windows 8. I find berryracer posts sound like trolling. "It suck because I don't like the UI". What a joke.

3. woot332

woot332 MDL Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Whats makes Windows 7 so bloated?
    And how is trying to turing windows into a big "social app" be called progression?.:D

4. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LEXX911

Jul 29, 2009
    #106 LEXX911, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    Seriously. What is your daily use of your PC? For me surfing the net, play some games, and do some work on it. Pretty much the same routine. How well is your Windows 7 is working on your laptop/netbook on a short battery life? You will be able to do all that with Windows 8 and more so than with Windows 7. It will be more efficiently especially for Tablets and laptops. Instead of heavy bloated programs running you will have more efficient apps. You will be able to control media on your tv and many other things they are planning to do with Windows 8. Don't really see what's the complain is all about because we are getting the best of both OS. Windows 8 is trying to take advantage of the hardware techs we have at the moment. I totally welcome the changes and improvement over Windows 7.

Most others nowadays just surf the web and check email and do some stuff that they really don't need a full operational system like Windows 7. That's where iOS, Android come in handy. That's what Windows 8 trying to accomplish but also trying to keep their other core group which is their high end users around at the same time.

Funny this is that this berryracer is taking informations from this site and putting them on his own forum.

6. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    This!!! ^^^^

They don't really care about little people like us, they'll tell you what you wanna hear it, but that is it. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LEXX911

Jul 29, 2009
    You go tell that to the PC, Desktop, laptops, netbooks or tablets manufacturers. They made tons of money with Windows 7 and they will surpass that with Windows 8. Windows 8 is the reason why PC laptops or netbooks will still be around and not getting extinct by tablets.

8. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    No sir, they will not. I predict people will stay away in droves. 8 will be a bigger flop than veeshta and mee combined.

Imho, of course.:whistle3:

9. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    And why is that so?!

10. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Why...?? Because it is being developed primarily with tablets in mind... and tablets are intrinsically useless, barely more than a passing fad with little to no practical use. And yes, in fact I do have one, and it;s mostly used as a portable picture viewer. There is nothing other than that that I can't do better with my desktop or laptop.

11. LEXX911

Jul 29, 2009
    #112 LEXX911, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Oh really? Flop? LOL. Windows 8 can do all that and incorporate touchscreen. The only failure are here are the people dismissing it. I guessed Windows 7 is a failure too. Don't see how this is a failure when Windows 8 is the best of both world. A tablet is just a portable picture viewer and a passing fab. LOL. Do me a favor and go back to your querty keyboard phone without touch technology if you think it's a fab. Do you know why Windows 7 was so successful? Windows 7 makes thing much more easier for people without much computer skills. Windows 8 is going to make it a bit more easier and incorporate so many other things and you think it's going to flop really tell me you don't really know what's been going on. I wonder why Apple is doing so well.

12. tN0

tN0 MDL Member

Apr 17, 2011
    My point was that they change some things dramatically with Windows 8 (two different UIs in one product) and others not (Control Panel mess). With Windows 7 they changed a million small things that ended up in a completely new experience that didn't broke with the past.

13. tN0

tN0 MDL Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Let's talk again when a novice user on a Windows 8 tablet accidentally got into a desktop app and is "lost" on desktop that is almost identical to a Windows 7 desktop PC.

The thing is, there are already tablets out for such novice users that only want to have some fun and surf the net. And the tablet market starts to be saturated already.

Fact is tablets are overrated. Sure, we will see a lot more cool tablets and they are fun, but if you compare the numbers of well over 1 billion Windows PCs (500 million running Windows 7) to 53 million tablets out there, the picture should be clear.

14. LEXX911

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for proving my point. Windows 8 will be a BIG failure.

15. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Probably MS should take some inspiration from Gnome 3.0 search specially for Apps. Metro takes three times more clicks to search the app and launch it; that's even three times more than the conventional Win 7 Start Menu. Metro is not polished enough to replace the older user experience.

16. tN0

tN0 MDL Member

Apr 17, 2011
    It seems that berryracer missed the sarcasm in your post. I didn't. ;) And I think BECAUSE Windows 7 is so successful that many people will not upgrade to 8 because they are happy what they have and they don't see the need for Metro on a non-touch PC. More speed and a new Task Manager will not convince 500 million to spent money for Windows again, IMHO. It was already very hard for Microsoft to push people from XP to 7.

17. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    REALLY? How does it take 3 clicks and more than Win 7 start menu?

JUST START TYPING in the Start Screen. ZERO clicks required to search and launch apps.

For example, in the Start Screen just type "no" and press enter, and Notepad is launched. ZERO clicks required. Extremely fast and productive.

18. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Please note that currently in the WDP you have to actually Tab/Click to search for a System Application like Control Panel, Windows Update and again to search for Files.
    There is no unified View like in Windows 7 where it lists everything in one go.

Honestly there is a lot of stuff they can improve on both Views which i don't see Microsoft doing, i still don't get why the Search is not intelligent, why does it not Resort the default view with your highest amount started items? It's annoying in Windows 7, it will be annoying in Windows 8, and currently it's more annoying in Windows 8 the way there is no Unified View for Programs/System

19. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    MetroUI doesn't break the past either, you can still use the old Control Panel, you can disable the MetroUI Start Panel ... even the Ribbon explorer if you don't like it, but why would you do that... the new Start Panel has great apps, like IE10 Metro, Tweet@rama and of course the Weather app, and wait, that's not all.... just think about all the apps that are going to be built in the next following months :) this way, everyday you have something new in Windows 8, and that's something cool :) I remember when I tested Windows 7 Beta, after it got out of the beta, the leaks kept coming but there was not anything new, only minor bug-fixes and almost invisible graphical changes :) Don't get me wrong Windows 7 is AMAZING :) I still like it, but not as much as I do Windows 8 now... I'm sick of 7, I've used it for over 3 years (since October 2008) As much as some of us complain about Windows 8, I definitely doubt they will give up this new MetroUI style :) So it's pointless to make pools like this, or to hate Microsoft for wanting to evolve the OS, to make something new, something different.