Is it possible to edit svhost.exe?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by David34, Sep 30, 2015.

1. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    #21 chris34, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    You just remove things you don't want SvcHost to ask for from registry just go to that entry I have posted and take look how simple is that

3. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    If I were you instead of playing svchost expert just a day after asking how to edit the svchost executable to disable a service, I'd try to find in my native language informations about how svchost works.

In the meantime, please use "sc query <service name>" in command prompt to check and make sure the services you think you stopped aren't running anymore.
    like:
    sc query AJRouter
    sc query WebClient
    sc query RemoteRegistry
    sc query uploadmgr
    sc query dmwappushservice
    sc query XblAuthManager
    sc query RetailDemo
    sc query OneSyncSvc

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    am i the only one that thinks that this thread is one of the dummest?

5. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    #25 David34, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    (OP)
    @chris34 that's what you always do? Try to find Intel in your own language? What that would be Urdu? Plus I use on my own pc and I do what I like to do with it not what you tell me to do Opening cmd and type in it the same thing that I would do with one click in registry? Lol actually not you're so dumb that you Dont even realise what I was asking about, how to remove services from svchost.exe as I thought if service runs under svhost.exe the service is inside svhost.exe I didn't know svhost.exe ask for each service to run under itself but if you go to that registry key you remove or add service you want to run under svhost.exe. That command you showed has nothing to do with svhost.exe it's to disable service not to make svhost.exe not to ask for service. Now go and Facebook in your own language as in English doesn't do for you any good

6. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Dumbo? Coming from the person who speaks Google translate English and wants to decompile svchost.exe because he has no clues about services dependencies or groups work I think I'm fine, thanks.

sc useless for svchost that is a service?

C:\Users\ccc>sc config
    DESCRIPTION:
    Modifies a service entry in the registry and Service Database.
    USAGE:
    sc <server> config [service name] <option1> <option2>...

OPTIONS:
    NOTE: The option name includes the equal sign.
    A space is required between the equal sign and the value.
    type= <own|share|interact|kernel|filesys|rec|adapt|userown|usershare>
    start= <boot|system|auto|demand|disabled|delayed-auto>
    error= <normal|severe|critical|ignore>
    binPath= <BinaryPathName to the .exe file>
    group= <LoadOrderGroup>
    tag= <yes|no>
    depend= <Dependencies(separated by / (forward slash))>
    obj= <AccountName|ObjectName>
    DisplayName= <display name>
    password= <password>

7. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @chris yes you're dumbo if you wasn't you would know David is an English name you council flat product manufactured in Pakistan. Now go away and dont pollute my thread anymore best go join Microsoft.Pakistan/Windows10 there you will find quality threads and in your own language

8. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Here's bit to teach you more Chris I have to add I'm 14 and you're lonely an old fart most probably. Sc disable service it doesn't stop svchost asking for that service when svchost needs it. That's why there's that entry in registry I gave you link to its so you can modify services svchost ask for you can add services or remove. Hope now you finally understand? Hope so lol

9. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    okay.... that explains a lot.

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

oh, a 14 year old judges upon members coming from foreign countries seeking for help:eek:
    you better go up to your room and think about some things here on MDL, NO?

11. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @KNARZ you just said in other thread packages I removed from my windows copy will break things in windows and I can't see anything broken lol. And you haven't given one single example lol. Pensioners should stay away from Windows 10 don't ya think?

12. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @Paul Chris34 was just rude and he started first in the end got what he deserved

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

pffft .........

14. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    He didn't?