Is it possible to make Windows 11 ISO LTSC?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by example12345678912345678, Mar 13, 2022.

1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Depends, some services like Diagtrack and dmwappushservice are completely unnecessary, only used for telemetry. Removing critical services will no doubt break the system. They gonna have to be very careful what they remove. Depends on user preferences what they need in their system.

I haven't used Windows 10 much but what I can recall, many services just can't be disabled from services.msc applet, maybe from registry, I don't know. But it's okay to remove telemetry services completely, they don't break anything. Also sysmain. I don't know who's idea was that.

But I agree with you, apart from telemetry and sysmain services, it's just better to disable them in registry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. a daring thesis, are you sure?

3. example12345678912345678

example12345678912345678 MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Thank you so much for help.
    Now I'm going to compare services with Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 Pro.
    Then delete any service that is not included with LTSC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Good luck with your frankenbuild ;)

5. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
    #25 graver.x, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    :tooth::tooth::tooth:
    Friend, I strongly doubt that something good will come out of your idea.
    Do not suffer and do not waste time, because by acting in this way, 99.9% - you will simply break the system, at least - many of the necessary functions. Instead, it's better to use this tool to customize your image and remove some unwanted components - MSMG Toolkit.

Here are some conditions that must be met before removing components.
    And here you will find a description of most of the components (and their dependencies) that can be removed using the Toolkit.

But at the same time, do not rush to remove a large number of components at once, hoping to significantly increase the performance of your system. First, study Windows 11 well, test enough time, understand its innovations and functions, the names and dependencies of components.
    To begin with, you can safely remove some components that really affect the performance and response speed of the system, such as Windows Defender, and some WindowsApps that are completely useless to you, and so on....

Observe the system well, and the correctness of your software work. And as you gain more experience, you will see for yourself what else you will need to do and configure.

Regarding the configuration of Services, do not rush to delete them immediately from the offline image without understanding their purpose, dependencies and impact on other system functions.
    Instead, in the installed system, in the case when the installation and testing are successful, first create a backup of the working state of the Services - that is, export the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services to a .reg file.
    (In case something goes wrong, this registry file will allow you to quickly restore the working state of the Services.)

And then just turn off some unused ones.
    Then test the functionality of the system well. And only when you are 100% sure - then you can delete some. Although this is not necessary at all. Disabling them is enough.
    By the way, the Toolkit allows you to integrate registry files with Services settings into an offline image (pay attention to some nuances).
    IMPORTANT: Getting started, carefully study README.txt and Changelog.txt this is very important for your success.
    And do not hesitate to ask any questions in the topic, will definitely help you there.

6. edmiri

edmiri MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2016
  7. Nack11

Nack11 MDL Member

Oct 30, 2021
    Well, i am tried to use UUPDump with edited file (set EnterpriseS), but it has enterprise standard.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What edited file set are your referring too? UUP dump won't accommodate creating any LTSB/C except server 2022.

9. Nack11

Nack11 MDL Member

Oct 30, 2021
    umm... ConvertConfig.ini edited virtual editions config

------------------------------------Someone said in one discussion----------------------------------------------------

10. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That won't work. I did read the post also (not sure where) and I'm pretty much sure it said "modify the script". EnterpriseS is not defined as a target edition in create_virtual_editions.cmd and you would have top add it. However, even then, it will probably not work, as LTSC is not provided as UUP set. At the best it would be a Frankenbuild edition.