Is it "primetime" to go with Wireless AC networking?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by simon726, Nov 26, 2013.

1. simon726

simon726 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
    I was wondering to you folks that is it feasible for me to upgrade towards Wireless AC networking right now? I may know by now that is in some kind of "draft" version at the moment with the final revision expected to come early next year (or something like that).

I currently have a Wireless N networking throughout my house. My setup consists of three laptops, two desktops, three smartphones and a tablet computer.

My wireless router is a Linksys E2500 dual-band wireless N router and I share my high-speed cable internet access in my house.

I also intend to add a VOIP line in my house - although that will not be used as a "primary means" for a landline replacement (or something like that).

What's your advice in this situation? I would like to discuss them in depth.

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I bought my first Wireless N router when it was in the "draft" development stage. The router vendor swore that no matter how wireless N was finalized, their firmware would/could handle it. Guess what? It didn't happen. Now perhaps with wireless AC, things are different and that situation can't happen again. But guess what? I don't care because I'm not taking the chance a second time. If you can get a documented, money back guaranty, then sure - go for it. But for me, I can wait.