Is RemoveWAT The Best Way?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    lol that's true ppl:D

2. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I haven't experienced any side effects with using the latest version of RemoveWAT on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I personally would of thought whoever had the capabilities to develop this program would understand these things already, what is going on here with this.

Seems pretty odd to me to develop something like this, that you know what it's doing and then not know whether or not it has any bad side effects.

I don't see how killing WAT has any side effects at when it comes to just using the OS, as far as trying to get updates, all I can see is you eventually get blacklisted, as the only side effect to this program.

3. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #23 WinFLP, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Where does KMS activation place?

Personally for software solution I prefer loaders as they alter fewer system components (just the MBR really), and provide genuine activation using inbuilt methods, instead of trying to disable components. Microsoft has a history of not liking people that disable licencing components.

KMS activation, either open server, VM, or ZWT, is another way of providing genuine activation, with the benefit of not having to alter any system files (including boot loader).

However, I do think RemoveWAT / ChewWGA methods are interesting from an academic point of view as they show how and where activation components reside, and that, for example, the worst of it could be bypassed by
    Code:
    takeown /F %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll
    icacls %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll /deny *S-1-1-0:F
    Also, these programs are good for people who absolutely cannot stand the concept of activation, and want to remove it. I prefer to go with the flow.

Some would consider that a major side effect, as compared to loaders which have a good history as far as appearing genuine. Also, it would be hard for the authors of these programs to know for certain that there may not be side effects in the future. They are modifying system binary to which they don't fully understand (as they don't have the original source code), and some program or update may rely on something in one of these binaries that isn't in the patched one, which could cause a problem.

Again, no disrespect to the authors of these programs, as they are sitting down and figuring out how the thing works.

4. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    So Daz's bootloader might be a better way to go then?

THANKS

5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Go with Daz loader till MS fingers it......even after that Daz will come up with a solution...

6. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    There is not any disrespect to the authors of these programs.
    On the contrary we all encourage them to go on with what they are doing.

7. Zero1995

Zero1995 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    The pirates will always win! Arrrh! :red_bandana::evil2:

8. dpinero

dpinero MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    Where can I download RemoveWAT?

9. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    RemoveWAT isn't supported here anymore as the developers stopped working on it and it no longer works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    This forum is great. I have one doubt maybe you can help me. I installed windows 7 using 7 Loader and RemoveWat, Did I made something wrong?. Because with that procedure I got my Windows 7 activated. Am I going to get troubles in the future? What kind of troubles?

Can I restore my WAT and then use Daz Loader. Can I revert the process? If I can, can you tell me from where can I download this Loader and what is the procedure that I need to follow.

Thank you.

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  12. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate this.

how do I uninstall RemoveWat, where do I find it, I could'nt found it in Control Panel.

I did this:
    Download and run WAT Fix (Cleans up things RemoveWAT doesn't restore. This will restart your PC)
    Install the loader and restart the PC
    Visit the following website to revalidate Windows

And Microsoft told me my windows it is not genuine.

What do I have to do?

13. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Post an MGADiag report in the loader thread. Follow the links in my signature :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...