Is Spyware Blaster worth it?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I usually use SUPERAntiSpyware to remove the harmful/tracking cookies from my browser

I have ADBlock Plus and DoNotTrackMe installed on Pale Moon but I still get some tracking cookies so SUPERAntiSpyware takes care of those

is there any need of installing Spyware blaster? I installed it, and the tracking cookies I get are less, but they are still there so I am wondering if Spyware Blaster is needed or if it is useless and would slow down my browsing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    @ ian82,

You are well protected. :)

No need Spyware Blaster.

If you install a lot, will miss the fun.

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    thanks for the advice bro

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    You guys must go to much more dangerous places than me, or are just more paranoid/observant. (I haven't used regularly any antispyware or antivirus other than what comes with Windows in probably five years. I do keep a copy of MalwareBytes Pro for the occasional checking of removable media and downloaded files though.)

5. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    @ Myrrh,

We all have different needs. :tea:

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    indeed,

1) I don't want tracking c00kies

2) I don't go to shady websites, but just incase, for example, I visit Major Geeks daily to get software updates, but they track the s**t outta ya

3) Better safe than sorry