Is The Release Preview better Than Consumer Preview?????

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by slyfox32, Jun 3, 2012.

?

Is Release Preview better than Consumer Preview and worth Upgrading?

Poll closed Jun 17, 2012.
  1. Install Release prievew

104 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. Stay at Consumer preview

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Do you know that Intel has released a beta driver for Windows 8 but somehow is not compatible....And about W7: I like OS but after Windows 8 testing, W7 seems for me too slow...:D and I like W8 new desktop with all including metro.I saw something right now...W8 use less resources.

2. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    RP is so fast, 150mb less ram usage than w7, improved metro, stability, driver support(for me audio not worked on CP, network had problems),all of my programs and games working fine, when I started to use CP I came back to win7 due to many problems, now I can use RP as my primary OS!! I love win8:D

3. Khromedome

Khromedome MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2012
    :eek: Interesting! Where did you get this info from and do you know if they are working on an update? As the standard reply from Intel is:
    "Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.
    At this moment, the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 600 does not have specific drivers nor support for Microsoft Windows 8.
    I suggest you to check directly with your Original Equipment Manufacturer to see if they provide any customized driver compatible with such platform.
    Sincerely,
    Diego A.
    ========
    Intel Customer Support"​

I run a Fujitsu Q550 Tablet with RP and agree that it is a little more 'zippy' than CP and has a better feel to it, but the graphics driver for this chipset really sucks and doesn't run a lot of Metro apps, so would be really intersted in any pending update

Regards
    KD (UK)

4. dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2007
    yes its definitely a lot faster than the wcp, haven't found any real bugs either yet :)

5. Nicos18

Nicos18 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    Windows 8 RP it's good for me

6. Khromedome

Khromedome MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2012

7. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011