Is there a list of every Windows ISO with hash that ever existed ?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by shodanx2, Aug 16, 2026.

  1. shodanx2

    shodanx2 MDL Novice

    Mar 6, 2023
    11
    11
    0
    Hi,

    I need a full list of every windows iso that has been released by microsoft along with its hash.

    Has anyone ever compiled such a list ?

    Thanks !
     
  2. Sajjo

    Sajjo MDL Member

    Feb 6, 2018
    3,411
    4,923
    120
  3. Enthousiast

    Enthousiast MDL Tester

    Oct 30, 2009
    55,892
    130,317
    450
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sajjo

    Sajjo MDL Member

    Feb 6, 2018
    3,411
    4,923
    120
    #4 Sajjo, Aug 17, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2026
  5. shodanx2

    shodanx2 MDL Novice

    Mar 6, 2023
    11
    11
    0
    Thanks I have reviewed those threads and
    It seem the latest dump of the catalog and hashes was this url
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821000952185749514/976197919864680498/2022-05-17-1901.7z
    But that url is dead, also it was from 2022-05-17 which would be fine with me as I only care about what came before windows 11.
    I went through every URL I could find and they are all broken
    Except for https://awuctl.github.io/mvs/
    But this appears to only be a search engine. But I wish the have the whole thing, that I would put in a spreadsheet and then use it to make a program.

    My current goal is to collect known ISO at least for each major version of windows between 2000 and 10 in as many languagues as possible.
    And after that maybe even more than that.

    And it would make my life easier if I had an offline list on disk I could query to check all the files I have and which ones I'm missing.
    Especially for the ones I don't know exist !

    thanks !
     
  6. Sajjo

    Sajjo MDL Member

    Feb 6, 2018
    3,411
    4,923
    120
  7. shodanx2

    shodanx2 MDL Novice

    Mar 6, 2023
    11
    11
    0
    Thank you for this !
    Here is what I made with it

    https://imgur.com/a/jjhKcHl

    I have created
    "MVS Explorer"
    A set of tooling for getting querying the database
    First it compiles the entire dump into a single, ordered, deduplicated database

    and then I created the image above
    "MVS Browser"
    Which is a single-file html database browser tool to explore the MVS dump
    It features lots of searching, filtering and sorting capabilities.

    I will publish this entire package as open source GPLv3, probably on github unless there's a better place.

    Next I want to create something like rom emulators use, a program that searches files that have a matching hash SHA1/SHA256, and automatically rename them and create a folder structure.
    I want to create a single archive of every Windows ISO ever published up to Windows 10.
     
  8. shodanx2

    shodanx2 MDL Novice

    Mar 6, 2023
    11
    11
    0