Is there a permanent activation for Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jackhogg, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I agree with MD, really if the key gets blacklisted(Which it probably will in due time) and you install WAT it will flag you automatically as non-genuine. Basically the key is good in a pinch but I would not trust it the whole time because you never know when it will be blacklisted if at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    If this happens, my existing system (with WAT and SP1) may be flagged off. As I understand, the backed up image (with no WAT AND SP1) may still work. Of course, wat will be compulsory in SP1. However, that is many a month away, and who knows what good stuff may fall into my lap till then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    IDK how well it will work but I know that the leader of Rockersteam is making a SP1 modded version once it is released that will actually have WAT removed from the update so thereby you can install SP1 but without WAT lmao. :)

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Will keep watching for that. Must say this is fun. Anyway with windows 8 out and expected by 2012, would be a waste to spend on windows 7. MS has also recently increased the prices of various versions (do not know why but could be because of rising food prices). Plus, I have just paid for an EOS 7D!!!. This great forum has greatly increased my confidence in keeping windows 7 genuine for as long as I want it to run.