Is there a real way to defer Feature updates in Windows 10 Home? Also...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Demencial777, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hello all!

Well... I have this little doubt. I bought this laptop of mine in october 2016, came with W10 1511, and since then, I went through the only update I could work with until my software was compatible with 1703, and that is 1607.

In 1607, after upgrading from 1511 got the defer updates option in WU, was weird to have that in a home version OS, but I don't complain.

Long Stpry short, I changed my HDD for a faster one, and decided to clean install 1703... and well, the obvious result is that I can't check the defer updates option, since is not available. My question here is, will the regedit options work to defer updates or they will be ignored by the OS? (I can still hide Feature Update if it appears, but well, if I can make my life easier...)

Second, there seems to be a bug in the start menu, where if you enable the personal folder place in 1703, it opens the actual location of your user folder, instead of the shell folder, which of course, is a mess, because, if you move your personal folders to another location, they are logically moved from the real location... and start menu opening that is just meaningless. Is there a way I can fix that? I've tried looking at registry, but no luck, also messing with Start Menu Places folder shortcuts, but no avail. Seems teh issue relies only on start menu places pane...

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Cya!

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Set your connection to metered (WLAN in Settings, WAN needs reg change with TI permissions).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    So... that means setting the defer updates option through regedit is ignored by the os? aw...
    about the start menu thing, is there a way to fix it or edit the start menu?