Is There a Windows XP Universal Home or Pro OEM Ed ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by mr-roboto, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    Make sure the Dell Home SLP key is correct inside the root file OEMSCAN.INI and OOBEINFO.INI inside the DELL folder that contains the OEMBIOS files.

Is the motherboard an original DELL board and bios that came with XP from the factory?

2. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    hey

so all you have to do is what copy the OEM FOLDER TO THE ISO and run it or what and it will do everything for you or what how does it work can you help me out

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm going to use it this weekend, but I have to figure out how to add other manufacturers to list...

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Good luck. I have had less than stellar results..:D:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    how does this work

I have been reading the sucide solution and it is kinda confusing according to the comments of the tutorial so yea well can someone verify if you just add the $OEM$ folder to the iso and do u have to add anyother file or is it just thats it

7. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    I didn't write these files guys. All this stuff came from projects at the MSFN site.

They are clean, but setkey.exe and oemscan.exe seems to trigger false positives on some AV's.

All you should need is to add the entire $OEM$ folder, with all these files, to the root of the XP image.
    If you already have a $OEM$ folder, just copy the contents to your own folder. It's ran via cmdlines.txt
    during unattented setup at the "13 Minutes left for setup" They are a intruction txt with details on how
    to add other manufactures.

8. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    Would I encounter any problems if I removed oeminfo.ini, oemlogo.bmp, and the wallpapers.exe files? I would also have to edit them out of the oemcopy.cmd file, right?

9. chuckman45

chuckman45 MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2008
    will you still have to activate a windows xp home version. even if you put the files into the cd

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not if you have made cd correctly it will be activated.

11. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    #32 esetoric, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    Thanks a lot, guys.

I had to make a DVD a second time because I forgot to edit the setupp.ini file. After that, it went all smooth. I have tried it on an Intel board with an HP string and I'll try it on a ECS later on this week.

edit: I also didn't use a serial or a winnt.sif file and just skipped the serial promp. (this only works on SP3 disks, right?)

12. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    Yes and no.

Yes, SP3 adds the ability to skip key by using keys inside the PID.INF file, BUT, OEMSCAN.EXE works by detecting the bios SLP string in the bios, which then runs a command to copy over the matching OEMBIOS files, and then SETKEY.EXE sets the matching SLP key, which overrides any key entered by the user, or entered by pid.inf, during the early part of Windows setup.

13. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    Yes, you would need to exclude them from oemcopy.cmd. the oemlogo is the oem branding logo you see if you right click and choose properties on My Computer.

I added oobeinfo.ini as a second measure to assure the SLP key was to be used. It should work without it however.

oobeinfo.ini also tells setup what to display during the "Out Of Box Experience" setup guide that runs on 1st boot up after setup is finished. So non English users may want to get rid of that anyway.

14. mr-roboto

mr-roboto MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    #35 mr-roboto, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
    (OP)
    Actually, all of what was reported happens w/ original Dells and HPs (most of what I see in my shop) ! But I haven't altered any of the files originally posted (exc for CMDLINES.TXT, of course.) And yes for grins, I double-checked OEMSCAN.INI and OOBEINFO.INI. The same key I put in that log is the same key found in both of those files.

Really strange. As I also understood, you (Suicide Solution) have run OEMSCAN manually to install the OEMBIOS files after installation, supposedly taking care of activation, correct ? When I re-run OEMSCAN, I can see it do its thing, but XP still asks for activation....

15. pbgbottle

pbgbottle MDL Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Hi there i would love to make one of these multi disc's aswell ,but have a question my asus modded board has the CRC = 2411858C mod done to it .to activate but won't activate with the older one CRC = B20C65BF is there any tool out there that can read or detect this string value CRC = 2411858C because EX. OEMBIOS doesn't detect my slp 1.0 ( CRC = 2411858C ) on this board. so i cannot make a mutli OEM disc that will automate and activate my asus modded board hope this makes sence

I guess in simple terms making a multi boot disc using these asus files
    CRC = B20C65BF will not activate my board. and i would like to use the newer file set CRC = 2411858C

cheers

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. pbgbottle

pbgbottle MDL Member

Mar 7, 2008
    thanks! will give it a go ,will OEMSCAN.EXE see this newer crc value slp string in my bios.?

i have not yet found a utility that can see my slp string in my bios. i just no it is in there because the modder of my bios told me i need these newer files because i could not get it to activate with the older ones .and OEMBIOS.EXE. doesn't detect anthting either.

thanks again for the quick responce greatly appreciated.