Is There a Windows XP Universal Home or Pro OEM Ed ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by mr-roboto, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    #61 Mudbubble, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    Yes it is a bit more involved, I sucessfully made a multi xp pro by converting a XP corp disk to oem and updating the oemscan.ini

I tested on an HP and IBM sucessfully.

To make sure that oemscan.exe was working properly, I dropped dell bios files into the i386 so that if oemscanexe didn't work it would prompt me for activation since it would have dell files on an HP computer. As further proof, it successfully activated on an IBM laptop I ran it on as well.

I installed from the disk I made and it sucessfully ran the oemscan.exe (you can see it run at T-13) and it activated properly.

I checked activation after running all updates including sp3 and wga by using the following command:

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

If everything worked properly then you get a box pop up saying that windows has already been activated.

I can write up a step by step tut for this but it will be a couple of days before I have the time. Also, the XP Pro OEMscan.ini needs to be updated and edited slightly because some of the bioses it references are out of date (specifically the Asus one)

Since you need to supply the bios files yourself, the main thing you need to do is update the key. I also expanded the list for all major manufacturers, and will be adding in the rest later on this week (I got lazy after I covered the major ones as it was late and I wanted a working copy to bring to work with me the next day lol)

I'll probably upload the neccessary files after I finish adding everything in and checking that it works.

I'm also still working on properly intergrating the txtmode Satadrivers and need to mess with a script I'm writing in the meantime to have the oemscan run with "OEMPreInstall=No" so that f6 functionality is preserved until I can intergrated the Sata drivers properly.

Easiest way to get started with XP Pro is to follow Suicides post on page 2

That will convert the Corp disk to OEM and then you test that by dropping 1 manufacturers bios files into the i386 and put the key into WINT.sif, if that activates sucessfully, then you start working on the $OEM$/oemscan.exe to make it multi.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #62 urie, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    #63 Mudbubble, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Ignore my question about the oemcopy.cmd not copying the oembios.bin, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat files.

As we mentioned, OEMscan.exe properly copies those files and oemcopy.cmd is really only need to copy the oobeinfo,ini, oeminfo,ini, and oemlogo.bmp

It seems having the oemcopy.cmd copy those files over again is kind of redundant. It will sucessfully replace the dllcache files if run post install, it seems like somekind of wpf or sfc issue that prevents them from overwriting during T-13.

I don't know if it would cause any issues in the long run if those dllcache versions are left unreplaced, but so far I haven't noticed any problems from it.

You could always run sfc.exe /Purgecache and just forget about the dllcache in general. That would however make windows unable to automatically restore corrupted systemfiles as it would have no backup of them and Windows would end up prompting you to insert your install disk to replace messed up files.

EDIT:

Actually I just ran sfc.exe on a fresh install of windows to see if it would break activation and it doesn't. So I think it'd be best to just remove the lines in oemcopy.cmd for oembios.bin, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat as they don't work anyway. Truthfully it doesn't matter one way or the other, but for script cleanliness I am gonna remove those lines.

Just Successfully integrated sata drivers to it.... bye bye f6 and floppy.... next up is autoinstalling all drivers by hwid.....

4. colc

colc MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2008
    Hi Just came across this post,just to let you all know that after a lot of work & trial & error,I've had my multi oem working quite successfully for the last 9 mths
    Here are a few screen shots to share.

Attached Files:

5. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    Nice GUI.

I have a question, I see you're using OEMAUTO. How does that differ from OEMSCAN and SETKEY. I've seen some releases using it, but I've never seen references to it in threads like these.

Thanks in advance.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No and you wont see any references on this, forum that is a warez cd.

7. colc

colc MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2008
    #67 colc, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    Urie,
    I did not know that OEMAuto was considered "warez" as it is only an autoit script to invoke OEMScan - OEM bios Filesets -Royalty keys - Logos - Wallpapers etc. Sources came from another forum dealing with Multi Oem projects.
    See pics.

Attached Files:

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Are you it is not called OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.8 ? iv'e never heard of oemauto. when i was talking warez i was going by the images you poster of the cd the stuff that was on it i,e acronis e.c.t.

9. colc

colc MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2008
    Yes the later version 1.8.1.2 OEMAuto.exe replaces OEMScan.cmd (check SVCPACK folder if U use addon).The "Other Stuff" on my Dvd are legit programmes that I use in servicing. The graphics layout i did myself and U can see my company logo at the top.This Dvd is strictly for inhouse technicians reinstalling windows when repairing machines.
    I think you might have jumped to the wrong conclusion that this was dloaded from the net whereas as I stated - I created this after a lot of reading articles in forums etc.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes sorry i did jump to wrong conclusion anyway i do have OEMAUTO in OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_1.8.1.2

11. King_Jay16

King_Jay16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #71 King_Jay16, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    Great job on this one guys

12. smokozuna

smokozuna MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    #72 smokozuna, Feb 11, 2010
  13. pbgbottle

pbgbottle MDL Member

Mar 7, 2008
    #73 pbgbottle, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    X2 thanks , i too have succesfully made the disc . i have only tried it on one pc tho and it activated. i was also concerned about the errors showing at t-13. after reading more i am happy again . i did have no success activating when i built the iso starting with VL media .no win.sif. .i built the ISO starting with a gateway oem disc and all was succesful . activated oem slp HP on my HP machine

cheers

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You still need to add product key to winnt.sif file that key will get changed later on in install by setkey program.

15. mr-roboto

mr-roboto MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    #76 mr-roboto, May 23, 2010
    (OP)
    How To Add a Vendor

My universal OEM discs are working well, but I recently encountered something new that requires some assistance. I tried to use/update the disc for a MSI-based system. D/l'd the corresponding file from the OEMBIOS archive here at MDL, but I couldn't figure out whether to use [MSI], [MSI-2831-MS], [MSI-PC], [MSI-PenNote] or whatever to match the BIOS string for the vendor in OEMSCAN.INI.

This is the section I added to OEMSCAN.INI:

Code:
    [MSI]
    PATH=".\MSI\"
    RANGE=""
    MATCHARG=""
    CMD=""
    CMD="SetKey *****-R83RH-KTC88-H6Y62-XQJBT"

[MSI-2831-MS]
    PATH=".\MSI\"
    RANGE=""
    MATCHARG=""
    CMD=""

[MSI-PC]
    PATH=".\MSI\"
    RANGE=""
    MATCHARG=""
    CMD=""

[MSI-PenNote]
    PATH=".\MSI\"
    RANGE=""
    MATCHARG=""
    CMD=""

Is there a util which will reveal the vendor string or maybe there's a procedure one can use in conjunction w/ good ol' DEBUG for this ? I've already read quite a bit of the related threads, but didn't see (not that isn't there) any info on this subj. TIA....

:-- MR --:

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #77 urie, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  17. mr-roboto

mr-roboto MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    #78 mr-roboto, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    (OP)
  18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #79 urie, May 24, 2010
  19. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    What was the output from the oembios.exe. I can give you the strings if you can give me the oembios.exe output. MSI will only work if the bios was an original MSI OEM XP machine, or a VERY manually modded retail bios. MSI SLP 1.0 strings have a very narrow address offset. using any one of the bios slp mod tools will not get it done..

Could you elaborate on the problem you have and what you have tried, in case I have missed some of your posts..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...